HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the low profile magwell from hk parts?

I want to know how well they sit. Are they flush or does the lip still catch the mag?

Do they release the mag easily or have you had other issues?

Is there a better alternative product you've found?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine will be here early next week - I'll let you know and post a pic or two

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Here is what it looks like from the bottom. So they help some but due to the shape of the grip, you will still chew up the base of the
IMG_2677.jpg
factory magwell if you are doing fast mag changes

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is what it looks like from the bottom. So they help some but due to the shape of the grip, you will still chew up the base of the factory magwell if you are doing fast mag changes
Thanks for the pic. Can you clarify what you mean by, "you will still chew up the base of the factory magwell?" Do you mean the bottom of the grip?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is mine after 9.5 - 10k rounds. No issues at all but part of the factory magwell built into the bottom of the grip is exposed and gets hit by the mags and/or rounds during reloads which scuffs the polymer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
It’s, at best, a “pinky rest”- there is NO function as an actual magwell, and it prevents type 3 malfunction resolution with factory baseplate. Do not waste your money, because these do nothing to improve mag changes, and can in fact interfere with smooth changes. They do slightly compress the frame and add friction to mag drops as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the way mine changes the grip. It does add a "pinky rest" as Archer noted, but because of this, I found a noticeable improvement in handling. If I ever buy another VP9, I'll definitely add the magwell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine arrived today, and my first impressions are that it's what it says it is - a low-profile magwell. It's certainly not a funnel like a true competition magwell, but I think it serves its purpose for those who don't want a full size magwell sticking out. It does aid somewhat with feeding mags and, for my hand size (M/L), I also like that it seems to perfectly 'lock' my lower fingers into the grip. As the pictures above show, it's not a perfect mate with the contours of the bottom of the grip - we'll see over time if that creates additional wear.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
These types of ”magwell” absolutely do increase wear and tear on the frame. They encourage less attention to alignment on inserting mags at speed, which will tear up the frame a lot faster. The only magwell that helps with this is the Taylor Freelance, which has more of an actual funnel.

I have dumped my full-size HK Parts magwell after learning this the hard way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
These types of ”magwell” absolutely do increase wear and tear on the frame. They encourage less attention to alignment on inserting mags at speed, which will tear up the frame a lot faster. The only magwell that helps with this is the Taylor Freelance, which has more of an actual funnel.

I have dumped my full-size HK Parts magwell after learning this the hard way.
Can you post a pic of the TF magwell from the underside, so we can compare the fit? Does it conform to the contours at the bottom of the frame for a seamless fit?

As for the OP's questions:

I want to know how well they sit. Are they flush or does the lip still catch the mag?
The factory basepads are not completely flush - they stick out a little.

Do they release the mag easily or have you had other issues?
I'm not finding any interference with the mag releasing at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts