HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's looking kinda grim on getting an MR556 lower for a newly bought 416 upper. Would like to hear some opinions on what other lower receivers you guys would choose and why. I'm thinking about the POF 415 lower as an option.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I have had decent luck with Colts, and I have one of my uppers on a true HK lower. Here is a basic rundown of my experiences with various lowers

Colt: Had to switch to find a hammer with no notch and .170" hammer pin. Not an overly common hammer, and it will cost you a few extra dollars
LMT: Had issues with the receiver extension. It felt as if the inside diameter was not correct and the recoil spring and carrier never felt right
Noveske: Lower tolerances were so tight that I couldn't mate the upper to the lower
KAC: Broke the match trigger in less than 400 rounds
HK: Perfect fit, but the take down pins require a punch/tool which is annoying and the trigger is spongy and kind of crappy

My suggestion would be to get either a Colt made after 09 (to get mil spec pins), a KAC with a mil-spec trigger, or an HK lower.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 80%er I got from cncguns. It wasn't cheap, but what is with 416s? And It looks exactly like the real deal, minus the evil pin hole.

·
Banned
879 Posts
At first I tried a KAC SR125E3 complete lower. Found that I really didn't like or need all the bells and whistles for the price. And they KAC even admits that their triggers are only supposed to be good for around 3k rounds. Not very good the expense. So I just sold the whole damn lower to fund an AG3F2 clone.

Grabbed a spare DPMS stipped lower out of the safe, threw in a spare CMT LPK, Vltor A5 kit( LMT SOPMOD) and a Magpul MOE grip and i'ma happy camper. Has very little movement between the upper and lower and does everything I want it to.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I too am pretty happy with my 80%er I got from CNCGUNS. It was a project and a half for me, but she's done and the fit between the upper and lower is perfect. No play and pins go in and out with ease. Of course this was the only option before the MRs came to fruition. But at least I was able to give the lower the same number as the upper with my own SN on the grip tang.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I used a Spikes Tactical and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
No bermise. You just have to look or wait for the guys who split up a full rifle to sell them in two parts. Last I talked to HK USA, they told me they didn't plan to sell lowers separately. Otherwise, that would have been my first choice if it was available back then. I do wish they followed other manufacturers and sold parts more readily. Like different length bbls, lower, upper, etc. I know they do this through HKParts.net, but it would be nice to go direct to manufacture like Noveske.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 80%er I got from cncguns. It wasn't cheap, but what is with 416s? And It looks exactly like the real deal, minus the evil pin hole.

Nicely done sir. I wanted to go that route, but thought his asking price was a bit steep.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So it's looking kinda grim on getting an MR556 lower for a newly bought 416 upper. Would like to hear some opinions on what other lower receivers you guys would choose and why. I'm thinking about the POF 415 lower as an option.

Let me know what you guys think.
Why don't you just buy an MR556 and then part out the upper? They seem to be pretty easy to move and you should be able to get a minimum of $1500 for the upper, sights, mag and buffer/spring (ie the complete upper kit), which puts your cost for the lower at around $1000.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts