HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went shooting my G36K yesterday, now hate the 3x optic more than ever. I'd really like to mount a 2-5 illuminated scope as low as possible. What are my options?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here are a couple of options. The standard SL8-6 rail(bottom rail pic1) and the DocRak rail(top rail pic1). I opted for the DocRak(pic #2) rail just because it sits approx. 3/8" lower than the stock SL8-6 rail. I'm sure there are a few more options out there from some experianced "old" guys... ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks, it looks like it would be difficult to find one lower than that. Where can I get one??
email sent. I have one I'm not using.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
You can also get a G36C sight rail which is about the same height as the Doc-Rak... but if you wear heavy gloves, the "cut" design on the bottom of the "C" rail handle can get in the way of easily reaching the charging handle.

On a side note, if you want to sell the factory G36 3X optics handle, PM me with a price... I might be interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KAC rail are the lowest possible rail....
Thanks, do you have any pics? The pics on the website make the rail look a bit short for a 2-5 scope. I wish someone made a full-length low rail, it would work with a T-handle to replace the swiveling cocking handle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have been thinking the same

I also would like someone to make a lower rail. Maybe one that goes on the sides of the mounting posts. Or even one that drops down a bit above the charging handle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also would like someone to make a lower rail. Maybe one that goes on the sides of the mounting posts. Or even one that drops down a bit above the charging handle.
I was thinking about buying some picatinny bar stock and welding ears one it. Then I'd build a T-handle to replace the cocking knob. I haven't been able to find barstock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts