HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm looking to find out what is the lowest overall profile (height) claw type mount for a .308 DMR project I'm working on, looking to make it as clean as possible. Thanks in advance for the input!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You did not mention caliber, and if you're only referring to the quick-release ARM#1 Vs STANAG Vs SG-1 mounts, I'm not sure.

But if your looking for any mount that attaches to the lugs on the HK roller-lock weapons, the B & T 21241 is the lowest in my experience, but it only works on the 9mm receivers and your are limited to low-pro rings; no quick release. B & T 21262 works on all receivers and will accept quick-release, but it is taller than the 21241.

21241 on the 9mm:

Best,

TC

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there Turbo Com, thanks for the super quick response! Nice pic too! I added the caliber, its going to be a .308. I have been considering the B&T mounts as well, but my curiosity is really with regards to the STANAG vs ARMS vs SG-1 etc. I will tell you that your pic did answer some other questions about the B&T mounts that I had though, thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
my curiosity is really with regards to the STANAG vs ARMS vs SG-1 etc.
I don't have the SG-1 mount to compare and I've recently moved or I would pull out the STANAG and compare it to the ARMS #1 for you. I do have an older pic of mine and the ARMS #1 and the STANAG are side-by-side. Though that wasn't the purpose of my picture, I can't see any difference in the height; the STANAG scope will bolt right down on the ARMS #1 mount. I think utility wise the ARMS allows for more options regarding height because you can use the STANAG scopes or rings, but if you're looking for originality, the SG-1 and the STANAG mounts are the way to go.

I did find this thread and you can see the ARMS #1 and the SG-1 mount. If there is any difference in height, it is very subtle.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-members-gallery/73587-show-me-your-g3-sg-1-hk33-sg-1-clones.html

Best,

TC

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can say that ove the years I have seen several different original H&K mounts, both the STANAG, and the ones with the built in rings, and they ALL have gone back to perfect zero, even after being removed many, many times and in use for several years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You did not mention caliber, and if you're only referring to the quick-release ARM#1 Vs STANAG Vs SG-1 mounts, I'm not sure.

But if your looking for any mount that attaches to the lugs on the HK roller-lock weapons, the B & T 21241 is the lowest in my experience, but it only works on the 9mm receivers and your are limited to low-pro rings; no quick release. B & T 21262 works on all receivers and will accept quick-release, but it is taller than the 21241.

21241 on the 9mm:

Best,

TC
Hey TC, have you ever looked at the mounts made by MFI for the HK 91? I've used the shorter version from HK parts and it seems to be a real nice top rail.

Scope Mounts - HK 91 / PTR91 & All G3 Style Weapons in .308

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey TC, have you ever looked at the mounts made by MFI for the HK 91? I've used the shorter version from HK parts and it seems to be a real nice top rail.

Scope Mounts - HK 91 / PTR91 & All G3 Style Weapons in .308
I have looked at the MFI and if I remember correctly, they were a very cheap option just a few years back. Now they are right up there with B&T in regards to price. It looks about the same height as the 21262, but the 21241 is still lower (maybe 1/32" higher than the rear sight base). I may try one out on the next rifle, but for now I'm still reading reviews.

I agree with MOAxp, if you are building or having the rifle built, the tabs are the way to go; they look great.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the MFI i have on my Mp5 but I thought it was a little expensive. But that said they do there job and you can still use the iron sights if you have nothing mounted to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts