HKPRO Forums banner

Lube for MR223

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  baljar 
#1 ·
Since HK is so amazingly engineered is there any super lube for HK rifles specially made for HK?

I have tried breakfree CLP, Shell Helix HX 10W40, Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 and Motul 300V 5W40.

There is always a little bit gritty feel when pulling the charging handle. The Motul 300V has least gritty feeling of all the oils I've tried. So what I'm actually looking for is some super duber HK oil that will remove that gritty feeling completely if such oil exists.

#5 ·
NSN 9150-12-320-9858 also known as NATO code S 761 Oil, about 10 EUR per Litre.

Thats literally the current spec german army small arms lubrication oil, aka the oil you will have HK tailor its military weapons to as its the lubrication they will have to work with.
I have not found a "wonder oil 50bux for a squirt" that performs better, not even talking about price. Also unlike the claimed wonder oils, you will know that the oil has to meet the specified quality, unlike random civilian wonder oil that is not tested.

#9 ·
Where to get fireclean in europe?

Also I still have two almost new automatfetten from a swiss made SIG551.

Understanding the mechanical aspect and how a "machinery" works in general there shouldnt be any problem with the black automatfetten right?

It was amazing in the SIG551. Like sewing machine and never had a malfunction regardless temperature.

#10 ·
I'm using Frog Lube on all now, but it does take some upfront work. Weapon HAS to be completely detail stripped and degreased... in/out/everywhere before using the green stuff. If not, since it's non petroleum based... it will react with prior petroleum based lubricants and gum up. A good amount of upfront work, but worth it in my opinion... YMMV
-Mick

#12 ·
If it's clean and lubed... it's good! no matter what the brand. ... Most are money making schemes. Ever see what a small bottle of BreakFree CLP goes for? Like 2 Oz? We used to get it by the 55 gal drum! and literally submerge the weapons...
I do think there are at least 2 camps here that should not be mixed..ever!... petroleum based, and non petroleum based. If you clean and lube your new gun (coming from the factory with petroleum based... cosmoline or such) without degreasing and use non-petroleum based CLP (Frog lube being one).... there will be trouble.

#14 ·
If it's that little tube of sample lube in an HK Pistol box, it's petroleum based. If you plan on moving to a non petroleum based CLI (Like frog lube), I can offer a cheat sheet of how to prep your gun before applying... I wouldn't waste a ton of time researching both, as there really is no wrong.. It's all personal preference... And all works as long as you prep, clean, and lube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.