HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run searches in this forum and in the Clone forum. I'm trying to find the recommended method of lubricating the roller locked rifles.

As it is, I place a drop of militec on my finger and smear on the locking piece where the rollers go, and the rest on the outside of the bolt head and rollers themselves. I use another drop or two on the bolt carrier to assure that it slides in the receiver. I do not deliberately lube the trunnion, although presumably some lube comes from the rollers and leaves a little bit in there.

Is this the approved method, or is there one which is better than this? I am trying to avoid the slurry of smuts and carbon in the trunnion and barrel face area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As it is, I place a drop of militec on my finger and smear on the locking piece where the rollers go, and the rest on the outside of the bolt head and rollers themselves. I use another drop or two on the bolt carrier to assure that it slides in the receiver. ....
I'm probably at the other extreme as I hose out all parts using a -lot- of CLP aerosol and then set aside to "dry" before reassembly. Once in a great while I also spray out the trunion area.

I don't recall any lubrication recommendations...I'm guessing because the design is so "loose" that just about any scheme will work.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Clp burns off and leads to build up both inthe AR and 93, i only clean the bore with it then jag/patch it dry and apply militec.
I use militec on the bolt parts and have found them to clean up with just a wipe off. once militec is heated on the parts, it really bonds to them,

I wetted my bolt parts and left them in the sun (in August ) to cook in, then wiped off the excess, they've cleaned up nicely since then.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Convert, do you lube the trunnion area or leave it dry? Is your bolt and carrier and all "wet" or mostly dry or only a thin film of lubricant?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I lightly grease all the contact points with Tetra's, including the rollers. Lightly is the key word.

·
Registered
435 Posts
G, I wipe the trunnion area out with a moistened rag until i feel it's clean enough, i lightly militec the bolt parts now, but i have left a generous amount on there in the past and wiped off fine, no build up that stuck, just soot that seemed to by sitting on top of the militec, like i said it just wiped off,, same thing with the bolt face, top ans sides. the flat chamber face also wiped clean.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts