HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you all using to lube up your HKs?

I have been getting more and more into the US Rifles (M1 and M14 specifically) and was surprised to see how many people are using automotive greases on their weapons. In fact, I am a huge fan of all things Mobil 1 and now will be using their synthetic grease to lube up all my "battle rifles" from now on.

Any thoughts on this??

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I do the same and have done so for several years now.

I have also found Mobil 1 seems to remain on the weapon longer and doesn't dry or burn off as fast as the thinner firearm lubricants. Anything that has to be run and kept "wet" gets Mobil 1 treatment.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't currently own any HK long guns since I'm still looking for a 416, but all my pistols and my LMTs get milcom. Side by side tests done on my own with that and slip ewl end up with slip drying off but not the milcom. Haven't tried mobile 1.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Break free CLP for most of the gun and Grease for the metal on metal sliding contact points

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mlitec-1, Ive used it dusty/sandy conditions and it did what it said on the tin.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Synthetic motor oil

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Well then... make the big switch to raccoon saliva. You won't get hungry ...unless you're from the South... :biggrin:

·
Registered
754 Posts
MMMMM Bacon!

I use a lot of the FP-10 synthetic lube. Stays where you put it. I used the Mpro-7 and CLP a lot at the shop, but I went back to the Fp-10. Next is to try the Grease.
Anybody try the Enos Slide glide on their BCG's yet?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
MMMMM Bacon!

I use a lot of the FP-10 synthetic lube. Stays where you put it. I used the Mpro-7 and CLP a lot at the shop, but I went back to the Fp-10. Next is to try the Grease.
Anybody try the Enos Slide glide on their BCG's yet?

After Bacon FP10 is ware it's at, good stuff!

·
Registered
167 Posts
In terms of a new pistol - what proper greasing/lubrication methods should one use fresh out of the box, if any? I understand wiping off the factory residue, etc...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts