HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some days luck goes your way, and today that luck went my way for a 2004 AE USP 45 in grey! Thanks for the excellent documentation on them. I think it’s a V7, it has a heavy double action, but light & short single with no safety lever or decocker. The box is not the color of the gun and it’s a clam shell box, I suspect this may be incorrect, but has shell casing, warranty card, and lock. I’m pretty jazzed, I drove though a central Texas blizzard to get it, totally worth it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice find! Love the USP and the grey!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
The two-tone models look good. I could go for an OD Green or Stainless

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Congrats OP! The coolness factor cannot be understood until you hold one of these original Urban Gray USP .45s in your hand. I have to say though, your frame looks darker than the OG Urban Gray. It almost looks like the newer, darker re-released Gray from 2017. Does your frame have a matching date code when you remove it from the frame and look straight down at it? You should see a molded circle shape with a date code in it...

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats OP! The coolness factor cannot be understood until you hold one of these original Urban Gray USP .45s in your hand. I have to say though, your frame looks darker than the OG Urban Gray. It almost looks like the newer, darker re-released Gray from 2017. Does your frame have a matching date code when you remove it from the frame and look straight down at it? You should see a molded circle shape with a date code in it...
Yes the frame has the AE date code (likely a camera white balance issue with color accuracy from the phone + a fluorescent shop light), the one question I have is on the slide what is next to the HK logo? it's different, any idea what is next to the HK on the slide?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Yes the frame has the AE date code (likely a camera white balance issue with color accuracy from the phone + a fluorescent shop light), the one question I have is on the slide what is next to the HK logo? it's different, any idea what is next to the HK on the slide?
JS “Jagd-und Sportwaffen” HK’s Hunting and Sporting division, civilian arms. They were marked that way on some models for a few years, ‘04-06ish I think....if you search here I’m sure there are numerous threads on the subject. No different than others without it, just what HK did under a reorganization at one point.

Reactions: omega21

·
HKPRO Professional
234 Posts
That's a beauty. Well done.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know if the V7 trigger is potentially factory (sounds like a v7 right? no levers, long heavy da, short light sa) - the photos seem to all be V1.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I’m thinking it’s LEM, not the old school DAO. The long heavy pull would only be for second strike capability.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Does anyone know if the V7 trigger is potentially factory (sounds like a v7 right? no levers, long heavy da, short light sa) - the photos seem to all be V1.
V7 is DAO without a safety/decock lever. If the trigger lightens up after racking the slide, mimicking a single-action, but with a light, long take-up, then it's actually a LEM variant.

Most likely, someone altered this example and changed from V1 to LEM. All of the Urban Gray .45s that I've seen have been V1.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Some days luck goes your way, and today that luck went my way for a 2004 AE USP 45 in grey! Thanks for the excellent documentation on them. I think it’s a V7, it has a heavy double action, but light & short single with no safety lever or decocker. The box is not the color of the gun and it’s a clam shell box, I suspect this may be incorrect, but has shell casing, warranty card, and lock. I’m pretty jazzed, I drove though a central Texas blizzard to get it, totally worth it!
Outstanding USP! Congrats on your new HK pistol! AE = 1 0f 500

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,560 Posts
@yuppiemike congrats on a great purchase. These are my favorite HKs. Looking at yours the rail looks in good shape which is important on these (in terms of value). As for the case it came in, previously I would have told you that these all came in the gray color-matching Eagle soft case. However, I recently saw evidence from a member here of a OD frame (AE) USP45 that came in the BLACK plastic and foam J&S case (J&S like what's stamped on your slide) and it's serial numbered to the gun. I'd be surprised if your gray one is matched to the gun, but as was noted by the late great G3Kurtz "with HK, anything is possible". SO, while unlikely the original case, anything is possible. Is there any info on the case to match it to the gun?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts