HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to get the hopes up of everyone who was expecting this last week as it was a re-run of the 416/MR556 episode. Last night, we got a better look at the M27 IAR. A large portion of the show was comparing the M16A4, M249 and M27 in certain areas. The test I found to be telling was the 3 round burst test.

Each weapon (using its respective ACOG setup) was to fire 3x 3 round bursts on a paper target at 50m (or yards?, I don't recall). After all rounds are fired, the spread is measured from the farthest shots on target. All rifles shot prone w/ standard kit.

The M16A4 (20" barrel, semi/3rb, 4x ACOG, no bipod) had a total spread of 15.5" on target.

The M249 (3.5x ACOG, FA only, bipod) fired off a few extra rounds due to lack of a 3rb feature. Including the 10th round, the spread was something like 19"? Dropping the outlying round, it was 11 or so inches.

The M27 (3.5x ACOG, semi/FA, bipod) fired an extra round as well. But due to they cyclic rate (and possibly other factors (accuracy, shootability), the spread was 9.5" for ALL rounds fired.

Interesting stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Yes, it was interesting. Both were good episodes.

·
Banned
879 Posts
I feel your pain Landpimp....

·
2,832 Posts
we(suspect you as well) got the Outdoor Chanel and its always disappointed me......the shows are just commercials! (from the one I tried to watch)

I mean I would crap if I turned it on and saw any HK's.....let alone Larry V with HK's and other stuff!

I feel your pain Landpimp....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts