HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have picture of either on a p30?

my p30 should be here monday or tuesday, and i'd like to pick up a light/laser combo for it, but i'd like to see how each fit on the p30 first

also, is there any difference between the insight / streamlight m6x?

thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

i tried e-mailing streamlight about the tlr-2 to see which key i would need for the p30, and they're telling me i'd need the hk adapter even though the gun has a picatinny rail on it

??

G

·
im pretty sure the p30 uses a standard rail size, the 1913 picatinny is pretty universal fit.

just use the 1913 key, i guess you could use the glock one as well

theres a picture in guns and ammo magazine of a p30 with TLR1 attached. i can get the pic if you want

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im pretty sure the p30 uses a standard rail size, the 1913 picatinny is pretty universal fit.

just use the 1913 key, i guess you could use the glock one as well

theres a picture in guns and ammo magazine of a p30 with TLR1 attached. i can get the pic if you want
Oh I forgot about that. I've got the magazine laying around here somewhere.

I just can't understand why they'd say I need the HK adapter, even after I pointed out that it has a picatinny rail unlike the USP, and even included a picture of it in the e-mail I sent

Oh well. I figured it would be the 1913 key, their compatibility list just threw me off with "Some guns with a Picatinny rail still need a standard key depending on the construction of the actual rail"

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have a MX2 that I got cheap and it fits on the P30 with no problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As an aside, I know that the X300 "fits" with the univeral adapter on the P30, but I have switched to the picatinny adapter this morning and believe that the notch is slightly larger to accommodate the picatinny slot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just can't understand why they'd say I need the HK adapter, even after I pointed out that it has a picatinny rail unlike the USP, and even included a picture of it in the e-mail I sent

Oh well. I figured it would be the 1913 key, their compatibility list just threw me off with "Some guns with a Picatinny rail still need a standard key depending on the construction of the actual rail"
In my experience with Streamlight (I own and use three of their lights on duty), they are pretty friggen retarded. I have not had good knowledgeable service from them before. I have a friend that had to send in his Ultra Stinger though and they sent him back a brand new one. All that was wrong was a broken bulb and dented body from being slammed against the ground during a fight with someone.

I use the TLR-2. It is light, goes on from the side (good if you don't want it to live on the gun permanently), and has a lifetime warranty. Also, from what I understand, the light is whiter and covers a bigger area than the M6x.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my experience with Streamlight (I own and use three of their lights on duty), they are pretty friggen retarded. I have not had good knowledgeable service from them before. I have a friend that had to send in his Ultra Stinger though and they sent him back a brand new one. All that was wrong was a broken bulb and dented body from being slammed against the ground during a fight with someone.

I use the TLR-2. It is light, goes on from the side (good if you don't want it to live on the gun permanently), and has a lifetime warranty. Also, from what I understand, the light is whiter and covers a bigger area than the M6x.
sounds about right. their customer service just doesnt seem to know anything

on a side note.. got my p30 today :) AH date code too

G

·
looks absolutely gorgeous. im saving that for wallpaper

how do the TLR switches reach for you? the trigger guard seems to be shorter, and allows easier activation than on older USP's

love my TLR1!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks absolutely gorgeous. im saving that for wallpaper

how do the TLR switches reach for you? the trigger guard seems to be shorter, and allows easier activation than on older USP's

love my TLR1!
my hands are a little small, but i can reach the switch easy enough to turn it on.. it's not as easy to turn it off though. i have to move my hand a little

Question: Why do you have an extra grip padding around the P30? Is it not comfortable? Does it abuse your hand without it?
i loved it on my usp compact, so i stuck it on to see how i liked it. i haven't actually had a chance to shoot it yet, so i'll try with it and without this weekend when i get the chance and see if i want to keep it on or not. i really do like how it feels though

G

·
I own the Insight M6 and love it on my S&W M&P .45. Thought I would get the M6X for my new P30, but the darn thing just doesn't want to stay still on the rail. I switched them (M6X now on the S&W, M6 now on hte P30) and everything is great! I also use a Bushnell boresighter to sight these at 25 feet. It has proved well worth the extra couple of bucks as the lasers on both tactical lights are set to 25m (a little too far for my pistol shooting) and 1 foot left of center at 25m.

Fits like a glove

A few slices into the foam and I can keep it on the gun in the case (more for me not losing it on the way to the range).

·
Registered
109 Posts
sounds about right. their customer service just doesnt seem to know anything

on a side note.. got my p30 today :) AH date code too
Well its been 7years now and they still don't know anything!

I called them and asked if a TLR-1a would fit my P30S . They said I need a 4 to 5 inch rail system??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts