HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching the first season of MacGyver. Plenty of HK's. So far a P7, VP70, and a bunch of MP5.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
oh oh, macgyver!

i stopped watching it when he lit a pine cone on fire, rolled it under a car, and the car blew up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Saw a P9 tonight!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You kids. Everything done on MacGyver is technically possible. They do exaggerate certain things and leave out certain items in explosives. For instance, in the first season, Angus seals up a acid leak with milk chocolate bars. This is technically possible except you would need 70 lbs worth of chocolate.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
I liked the first few seasons of MacGyver, and there are plenty of HK's in them for everyone...

It was later on when the shoe became increasingly lame

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen alot of HK94s and those long-barreled Uzis.

I guess they were too cheap to pay the NFA tax /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first few seaons were filmed in LA. Then they moved to Canada ehh.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
ohhh, so that might explain it. im sorry, even though i am canadian (eh) i will admit that 99.9% of canadian films and shows SUCK.

if you've ever seen "arrivals 2" its a friggin joke... absolutely brutal, and especially when the first one wasn't that great either (IMO of course).

·
Registered
4 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen alot of HK94s and those long-barreled Uzis.

I guess they were too cheap to pay the NFA tax /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was back in the days when pretty much all of the property masters in Hollywood would just go and rent guns from Stembridge Gun Rental. Stembridge had a lot of civilian "assault weapons" that were donated to them by the manufacturers. Hence the reason you often see AR-15 SP1s', Uzi Carbines, HK94s', etc. in lots of 80s' action films and TV shows.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You kids. Everything done on MacGyver is technically possible. They do exaggerate certain things and leave out certain items in explosives. For instance, in the first season, Angus seals up a acid leak with milk chocolate bars. This is technically possible except you would need 70 lbs worth of chocolate.
actually, it's been proven that some of what was done on MacGyver wasn't even theoretically possible (even when you add the exaggerations)

still - it's my favorite show from my childhood.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Acutally I have to correct you. This happened to me last week and it took 65 and half pounds. Dark chocolate works better, lol

I kid, I kid

But seriously I grew up watching MacGyver and that show is wicked awesome

I can say for sure that show is the reason learned about chemistry at a young age. 4x C6 H12 O6 and 6x KNO 3 being my fav!

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
anyone know what the writing is on the side of the Mp5? kinda looks like the way a Golden State or Santa Fe G3 push pin is marked....

actually, it's been proven that some of what was done on MacGyver wasn't even theoretically possible (even when you add the exaggerations)

still - it's my favorite show from my childhood.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Resurrection

Watching MacGyver today and saw them using the MP5 posted in the pictures.

It is from episode: "MacGyver" Deathlock (1986)

Let's all fess up... We all loved Mac as a kid! ;)

While the motion activated feature is a nice idea... that is a 30 round mag!! I guess they did not expect us HK pros to say anything. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I can say for sure that show is the reason learned about chemistry at a young age. 4x C6 H12 O6 and 6x KNO 3 being my fav!
Trinitrotoluene = TNT

When I took organic chemistry we had to dinitrate toluene. I asked the professor if I could do one more round of reflux and he said HELL NO!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts