HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that an HK45 I've been looking at buying says made in the USA. I know HK has a factory here but at what point did they switch to made is USA vs Germany? Any difference in the quality of the pistol? Any reason to stay away from this version a buy a made in Germany HK45, or any HK pistol for that matter.

Any guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I have a German HK45. I have compared it side x side with the American HK45. There is no difference worth a concern. Both fine HKs. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Identical, enjoy! No difference, the absolute best .45 you can buy today. "No compromise"

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
No difference. Just be thankful it doesn't say "MKE Made in Turkey" on it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I just asked same question a week ago, it's on page 2

And yes, it's as perfect as the German molded frame, there is no difference except the capital building mark.
I just acquired a OD green one, I have compared it with my HK45T made in Germany, they are exactly the same, feel, weight, contours, grip, trigger pull/weight/reset, except those luminescent sights which need to be changed if used for a HD duty. Buy it,.....buy it, enjoy it, shoot it, clean it, shoot it again. You will buy another.............

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
It's a F-ing shame when someone has to come on this, or any other forum and ask if it's OK to buy US made as apposed to German ! The main reason 90% of the people on this forum buy HK's to begin with is because IT DON'T MATTER where HK's are assembled ! Not ranting at you OP , this subject just burns my ass .......so to speak . Have a great day :690:

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
It's a F-ing shame when someone has to come on this, or any other forum and ask if it's OK to buy US made as apposed to German ! The main reason 90% of the people on this forum buy HK's to begin with is because IT DON'T MATTER where HK's are assembled ! Not ranting at you OP , this subject just burns my ass .......so to speak . Have a great day :690:
My boss was made in Germany. I haven't met a single American made boss quite like him. So there's that.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
My boss was made in Germany. I haven't met a single American made boss quite like him. So there's that.
I've worked with a bunch of German Engineers at the BMW plant in Spartanburg , SC since they built the plant. I've seen the same caliber/ skill levels from BOTH countries. Actually, sometimes the Germans get stuck on an idea , where we might think a little more creatively.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The only thing American about your US made HK45 is the polymer frame. All other parts are imported from Germany and assembled here. Virtually the same damn thing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yep... This question comes up often.. Like everyone says, no appreciable difference. I've owned both HK45c's US and German made, I found no difference, both high quality pieces.

·
Registered
320 Posts

I get your point, but theres a lot of people that plan on keep their firearms till they die and pass on as heir looms. Assuming people pass on for value purposes, its possible people would want "x" product from origin of country rather than a outsourced factory.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I bought my u.s. Made HK45 because the price was something I would be stupid to pass on, if I didn't get it, and they sold out, I would have kicked myself in the arse.

I know, I will never buy a non German HK I SAID once. But , for the price it would have been a f up if I didn't buy it.

Now, since I have one, I will not buy another HK45 made in the u.s.

Have only a few more on my purchase list.

2nd p30 & p30L
Vp9
A glock
Maybe an AR.
VEPR 12 ga.

·
Vendor
1,581 Posts
I like my H--ong K---ong Iphone Thank you very much actually one of the finest AR15 platforms I have ever handle is made in the USA by a company name ADCOR

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I like my H--ong K---ong Iphone Thank you very much actually one of the finest AR15 platforms I have ever handle is made in the USA by a company name ADCOR
Engineered and built right here in the USA !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really? I thought it was because of the Teutonic fairy dust the elves at Oberndorf sprinkle on each gun.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My black 45C is German made (in fact, one of the first! #681 to be exact) and my "Sand" 45C is US made. They are identical in quality of workmanship. Internal parts are the same. Buy with confidence unless you are just enamored by the "cool factor" of the German made gun. :)

FYI, I think the cutover happened around 2012-2013?

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Really? I thought it was because of the Teutonic fairy dust the elves at Oberndorf sprinkle on each gun.
Hmm ........ I actually didn't expect anyone to call my bluff. You nailed it. It's the Tektonic fairy dust !

1 - 20 of 56 Posts