HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was wondering if you guys could share your opinions on Mag Safe ammo. Ive done some research but havent really been able to find all that many opinions, let alone detailed opinions on it. More specifically is it ok to use in a USP? and if you have used it whats your opinion on it. Is it really worth the $1.50/round?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Hey all,
I was wondering if you guys could share your opinions on Mag Safe ammo. Ive done some research but havent really been able to find all that many opinions, let alone detailed opinions on it. More specifically is it ok to use in a USP? and if you have used it whats your opinion on it. Is it really worth the $1.50/round?
Is it ok to use? Probably.

Is it worth $1.50 per round? Of course not.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I dont like it, it fragments to easy. If the BG is shooting behind cover or has enough clothes on I dont trust it to penetrate, especially not to the 12" that is considered good penetration. I understand the desire to not penetrate walls in a house or apartment. If that is a major concern I would prefer to use a shotgun with the proper load.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
1) Yes
2) No

There is much better out there and much more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey all,
For pest control, Magsafe may be good choice.

But for general self-defense purposes, my answer, no. Read this site:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/tacticalbriefs/volume4/number3/article432.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts