HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some input from those in the know.

I have seen several threads asking about date codes on HK magazines which resulted in some pretty good answers, including a small chart showing the code matched up to a year (at least up to 2001?) and then a caveat that alot of magazines don't even have codes.

My question:

I have been looking for USP 9 Full Size 15rd mags and come across 9 of them in totally different places and they ALL had the code "IR".

Coincidence or is that the only code for USP 9 Full Size magazines?

Any help appreciated.

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
I do not know how accurate this is, but here goes (on magazines):

IR- 93
IE- 94
IS- 95
IK- 96
IO- 97
ID- 98
II- 99
OR- 00
NP- 01
AC-02
AD- 03

Can anyone here clarify or supplement (especially after 2004)?

Tony

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AGG.

Now did HK only make USP 9 Full Size mags in 1993?

Do the "IR" code USP 9 mags outnumber all others, hence the preponderence to find them more often?

Just trying to figure out why I haven't seen any other code for a USP 9 Full Size 15rnds.

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
With no, specific information to support, I would not think that HK would only make 15-round, USP magazines in 1993 (e.g., LE-marked or post-2004).
I would further think that HK may have mass-produced the 15-rounders prior to 1994 (high-capacity magazine ban).
I am quite sure that there are magazine experts here that will eventually give you the answers for which you search.

Tony

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump.

Does anyone have or has anyone seen a USP 9 Full Size 15 round magazine that didn't have an "IR" code on it?

There has to be an answer to this mystery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bumpity Bump.

Any USP 9 Full Size owners that have a 15 round magazine with a date code other than "IR"?

I'm beginning to suspect that the date codes on magazines may not be date codes after all... perhaps product codes for type and caliber?

My P2000 mags have no code at all. (just 9x19 C)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
They are Date Codes.

I have 9mm 15-rounds mags with current date codes that match the gun.

Within the last few years HK has changed the way that they have been marking things. Now HK seems to be Date Coding the Slides, Frame, and Magazines with the same codes. Some magazines don't even have codes anymore.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoping to get some fresh eyes on this issue and see if more people can corrorborate.

USP9 F 15rd Magazines that have a date code (on the lower left hand side of the magazine) that is NOT "IR".

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
This is a post from from BIG BORE I copied and pasted.

We got together a few years back and "think" we have figured out the magazine and frame date code. Back before the frame date code matched the slide date code, the frame and mag date codes were the same, but both different from the slide date code we all know and love.
Here is what we think is correct but it is not official.
Date codes
Slide=year=frame=mag
KA=90=JA=ja?
KB=91=?=?
KC=92=?=?
KD=93=IR=ir
KE=94=IE=ie
KF=95=IS=is
KG=96=IK=ik
KH=97=IO=io
KI=98=ID=id
KK=99=II=ii
AA=00=OR=or
AB=01=NP=np
AC=02=AC=ac?
AD=03=AD=ad?
AE=04=AE=ae?
AF=05=AF=af?
AG=06=AG=ag?
AH=07=AH=ah?

Therefore, an "id" mag is a 1998 made mag. But be aware that not all mags made in 1998 will have the "id" code. Many are codeless just as they are today.

Here is a link to the original thread

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72455

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMTHESKI thanks for the input.

We seem to have established concensus on what the dates are represented by these codes.

The question here remains the same though.

I have ONLY seen "IR" date codes on USP 9 F 15rd magazines. Has anyone seen or have USP 9 F 15rd magazines with a date code other than "IR" (or other than no code at all)?

I'm sure we have some USP 9 Full Size owners out there that will chime in on a yeah or ney here.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Good find ImTheSky

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Lamont, I have SIX brand new unused factory original HK P7M10 magazines and all have the code JC on them, what date does JC stand for. I was told that these magazines are valued at $175 to $200 each.

Thank you,
Rodney Stutes
email: [email protected]
Wow, holy necro-thread Batman......

IIRC H&K skipped the letter J for guns but uses it on magazines, so if the letter I corresponds to 8, then J = 9, C is of course 2 so your mags are date coded to 1992.

People might list them on GB for that, no one but a rube would pay it. $125 top is more like it and don't expect them to sell quickly. Anyone who has an M10 that needs more mags (carry, regular shooting) already has them, anyone who collects probably has the mag in the gun and the spare that came with it and likewise doesn't need any. IIRC I sold those two from 2011 for $80-90 each and demand/price really has not risen from there by much.

YMMV.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about Mags (thinking of P7 & P7-Variants) manf before 1990? what are the correct codes for these...OR did they even have codes?

Please & Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts