HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Glock came with a plastic magazine loader / assist. Does anyone make a similar device for the 45 or 45C ? My thumbs are getting old. <:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got the HK version for the lower calipers, but how does this work? I see that it pushes down, but put the round halfway in and remove the Magazine loader on each round or what??

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I just got the HK version for the lower calipers, but how does this work? I see that it pushes down, but put the round halfway in and remove the Magazine loader on each round or what??
Sort of. You let the tab push down the round in the mag, then the next round you push in under the feed lips until you bump the loader's tab. You just lift the loader enough for the new round to slide under it it, then push down the loader over the new round so that it's ready to receive the next round. Rinse and repeat until the mag's full.

·
Registered
596 Posts
You'll love it, once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I must be the only idiot that tears up his thumbs on the metal feed lips. And here I actually have an UpLULA in my range bag that goes unused on my H&Ks. My idiotic SIG mags, on the other hand...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I must be the only idiot that tears up his thumbs on the metal feed lips. And here I actually have an UpLULA in my range bag that goes unused on my H&Ks. My idiotic SIG mags, on the other hand...
Nah, I manually load a lot of my mags too, with the UpLULA in my bag. Mostly because an instructor showed me some manual loading tricks to save my thumbs, and I'm still doing it that way to get myself reprogrammed. But then I'll go back to the UpLULA because it's so fast when you do it right.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Several years ago I took one of the first MagLula (UpLula) loaders to a weekend high round count tactical shooting course. Since I'm primarily armed with a M1911 I need lots of magazines! I left it on the table for all to use -- it was still a novelty then -- and I'm guessing it loaded 10,000 - 15,000 cartridges that weekend as everyone was using it with my permission. I know I personally loaded 1900 rounds with it. Handled M1911, SIG, Glock, and HK magazines without blinking. Single stacks. Double stacks. 9mm, .40S&W, .357SIG (USSS), .45ACP.

This same loader is still in use. A bit worn, but perfectly functional.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
UpLula mag loader!! Best $26 I spent in a long time!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Went to the range today and a fellow there had a UpLula. He let me use it and all I can say is "Wish I'd thought of that."
Mine will be here this week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts