HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might interest most of you. :0)

Gen 3 Pmag / Hk416

Like Butta

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Anyone wanna bet how long it is until the portion where the 416 w/USGI mag fails to feed shows up on some sight as proof of how the HK416 sucks and doesn't live up to the hype?

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
Given that they already have a mag that fits the 416, the eMag, I'm pretty sure that they have a pretty good idea of the 416 well dimension. I'm sure it will fit. The main difference in the 416 well is that the front of the well is lower, so all Magpul had to do is move that bump on the front of the mag lower and make the external ribs start lower on the body. It isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have 1 question to add. Does anyone know if the M3 PMag will accept Blackout ammo? I've heard mixed reviews saying the 30 rd does and the 20 rd doesn't. I realize this isn't really an HK topic, so my apologies. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
I have 1 question to add. Does anyone know if the M3 PMag will accept Blackout ammo? I've heard mixed reviews saying the 30 rd does and the 20 rd doesn't. I realize this isn't really an HK topic, so my apologies. Just curious.
I don't think it's going to be released until 11/1, so right now Magpul is probably the one one that knows for sure.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know our Bn Gunner would not authorize PMAG usage for the infantry Marines on our last OEF deployment because of all the PMAG feedlips cracking under hard use. YMMV

·
Registered
346 Posts
i have buy 4 stanag steel magazines from Germany made in Israel, nice product but i wait for magpul gen3!!!!!!

Gen3 Pmag
Modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a wide range of non Colt®-spec platforms such as the HK® 416 and MR556A1, M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others. A redesigned bolt catch notch in the rear of the magazine provides increased bolt catch clearance, while an over-travel stop on the spine helps ensure the magazine will not over-insert on compatible weapons.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Does anyone know if the M3 Pmag passes the cold weather drop tests?
SPQR476 Online
Industry Professional Join Date: Apr 2012

The standard for feed lip drop testing is 5', and these tests were from 6'. The new PMAG has tested significantly stronger in all rough handling tests, including cold weather, hot weather, full weapon drop, etc., and is boringly reliable in endurance and compatibility testing.

The endurance testing takes a single mag to 6,000 rounds, and we do that in various platforms.

I am surrounded by PMAGs on a daily basis, so I kind of take them for granted, but these have me rather impressed.

Side impact video will be up today.

·
Banned
879 Posts
I know our Bn Gunner would not authorize PMAG usage for the infantry Marines on our last OEF deployment because of all the PMAG feedlips cracking under hard use. YMMV

My question is how would the Gen2 mags compare in this drop test. As far as I knew, all versions of the Pmag performed better in tests like these when compared to the GI mag. Is the polymer really that much stronger?

gen'2s had a tendency to split...

·
Banned
879 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Magpul can make all the videos they please, but unless they've dramatically increased the overall service life of the mag over that of the Gen 2 mag...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Magpul can make all the videos they please, but unless they've dramatically increased the overall service life of the mag over that of the Gen 2 mag...
I'm just wondering what the service life of the Gen 2 pmags are? Is it under 12K in your experience?

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I'm just wondering what the service life of the Gen 2 pmags are? Is it under 12K in your experience?
Well under than number. I've had some hair-line cracks on the feed lips. The first one we noticed was during our mandated rifle qual. requires a mandatory reload (which most do a speed load...I know it's stupid; not my call), and we noticed one officer's mag was spitting out 2 rounds when it hit the deck rather than the usual 1.

I can't say I would recommend ANY magazine for 12K rounds of service use....if it could make it that far.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts