HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received word from Magpul that they only support the standard buffer.

How much modification is needed to the Magpul stock to support the MSG90, PSG1 enhanced buffer?

How much modification is needed to the Magpul stock to support the heavy buffer?

And is there an alternative to the HK buffers?

Thanks

Doug

·
Registered
416 Posts
Try bill springfields improved buffer internals. They fit in a standard buffer. That's what I have in my PRS, with Ghillie buffers in the A2 stocks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I used a 29/32 drill bit in a pair of vice grips, and a dremel. If you're carefull and go slow, you'll have no problems. I'm pretty sure theres a few threads floating around about it. And mine was just for the heavy buffer, can't speak for the msg 90 or psg buffers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
I am really over thinking this stock question.

I received the SR9 thumb hole stock over the weekend and it sets up very nicely.

Now I am thinking is the Magpul the right stock or should I look at the SG-1, MSG-90, or PSG-1....

The only option that I would like to have is to use the stock with iron sights and the scope. From reading it appears the Magpul and PSG-1 support the use of iron sights and the scope.

Any insights would be appreciated.

thanks

Doug

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Try bill springfields improved buffer internals. They fit in a standard buffer. That's what I have in my PRS, with Ghillie buffers in the A2 stocks.
Gotta agree... that one modification made a world of difference in my 51A-3

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
- talked with Bill and his piston is the same lenth as the MSG90. Which was my only question about this bufferm. I am expecting similiar performance to the MSG buffer which is in the Bell Carlson stock which came with the SR9.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts