HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned the other day that my PRS from Magpul Industries will accept a "monopod" for aid in adjusting elevation on the rear of the rifle. Supposedly this system, when used with the appropriate rise on the bipod on the forearm will allow a shooter to pretty much adjust the rifle to where it touches at 3 points on the ground, enhancing first shot accuracy.

Anybody use a monopod, or is this just one of those gimmicky things that looks cool, costs money, but is really just not all that practical? Other than the use of fine tuning the distance between the ground and the rifle stock, anybody know of any other pertinent use for a monopod on the back of your rifle stock?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imho the monopod is a great aid in long term observation mode, and can work with a low recoiling rifle. however for active shooting, a rear bag is much better....

·
Registered
33 Posts
The prs for the AR's have the monopod picatinny rail on the bottom of the stock. The PRS for the hk doesn't have the rail to mount it, unfortunetely.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The prs for the AR's have the monopod picatinny rail on the bottom of the stock. The PRS for the hk doesn't have the rail to mount it, unfortunetely.
Yes but it has two receptacles for sling swivel studs. Onto these one can mount the monopod. I got the little swivel studs, but still trying to decide on the monopod.

The QD swivel for the sling on the side of the stock is pretty cool too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts