HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need / want an adjustable stock for my PTR and was wondering how the Magpul PRS G3 compared to the factory PSG1 stock? The PSG1 looks more "correct" to me.... but is considerably more.

TIA

·
Registered
172 Posts
Since you put "correct" in quotes, I'm guessing that you can't really quantify it.

I have the Magpul stock you mentioned, it's fantastic. It isn't an exact copy of the PSG1 stock, but then it really isn't meant to be. It functions wonderfully and the price is just amazing compared to the HK original stock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the magpul on my PTR and really like it. For the price and performance, I don't think you can beat it. I guess it just depends on how authentic you want it to be, and how much you want to spend. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, I think I am going to try the Magpul stock - any good leads on where to order it from?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Of course now they do, after I buy one.
I hear you Eric at the time I bought mine they just had the version for the regular buffer. All it takes is a hole saw drill bit, a dremel tool with some sanding disks and a lot of patience and you can modify the standard version to work with either the MSG90 buffer or do what I did and cram the heavy 2 stage G3 buffer in there. Just remember if you do this work slow and work smart this is a tight fit.

M

·
0 Posts
I just got mine and they had to call to get the buffer type I was going to use on it. They take a "regular" one and mod, so you could probably mod one yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts