HKPRO Forums banner

Mags for HK94

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  straightgrain 
#1 ·
I was looking around on GB for mags for my 94I just bought. There were lots of mag options out there. I know I was factory mags outside of that what else should I watch for? There are curved, straight and so on what is the difference? What do you recommend? What should I avoid? thanks

#2 ·
The 94 works well with ball ammo with either straight or curved mags. Some people have reported feeding issues with hollowpoints and the straight mags.

As far as the clones- most owners stay away from the straight mags regardless of the bullet profile.

#4 ·
Dont' be afraid to buy used ones (make sure the pics are good and don't show any pitting or rust). If you treat the mags like you treat your gun they will last a while.

#5 ·
Actually,
That imprecation to treat the mags right is likely to be the best piece of advice that you will ever receive with regard to the 94/MP5/89 platform. The mags will start to rust if somebody just mentions "water" from a few counties over. Clean 'em after use and dab 'em with a light coat of oil that can be wiped off on the next use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.