HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first pistol, an HK USP 40C(2000 date), has been having an issue for the past 4 or so years.

Around every 3000-4000 rounds fired the C clip that holds the main spring onto the guide rod comes off while firing. Of course the c clip is lost because I don't find out it's missing until I go home and tear it down. This has happened 2 times now. The first time I brought it back to the store I bought it from and they replaced the whole guide rod assembly with new factory parts. I am not using +p ammo and the gun is well taken care of. What is going on?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
802 Posts
The c-clip doesn't have to be there for the gun to function. It just makes field stripping easier.

The guide rod assy has been redesigned on the compacts to do away with the c-clip. Call HK to have them replace it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My first pistol, an HK USP 40C(2000 date), has been having an issue for the past 4 or so years.

Around every 3000-4000 rounds fired the C clip that holds the main spring onto the guide rod comes off while firing. Of course the c clip is lost because I don't find out it's missing until I go home and tear it down. This has happened 2 times now. The first time I brought it back to the store I bought it from and they replaced the whole guide rod assembly with new factory parts. I am not using +p ammo and the gun is well taken care of. What is going on?

Thanks,
Dave
I'd just leave it as is... the gun will run fine without the recoil spring being captured and it isn't any more difficult to field strip or reassemble. My clip broke off on my carry USP 45 a year ago and I have put thousands of rounds through it since then with no problems. Hell I think it might even be more reliable now LOL. It'll kinda freak you out when it comes off because now you feel like your gun is broken... but it's fine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I did realize it wasn't a problem to shoot it without the c clip but I was wondering why it happened. It must have fallen off from so much use. I'll call HK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts