HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the story behind or origin of the stamp on the slides of HK's that looks like an angled cross with antlers spreading out from it? A gun dealer told me it is their 'maker's mark' from the steel manufacturer HK uses in Germany. Is that all there is to it? Also, I noticed the same stamp on Walther slides too... same manufacturer?

For that matter, I have seen some Walther/HK products on the market too. What is the connection between the two?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The "stag horn" is the symbol of the proof house where all HK's are test fired, it has nothing to do with the steel or HK for that matter. You can look under the World of HK tab and read up on the markings.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
For that matter, I have seen some Walther/HK products on the market too. What is the connection between the two?
I think you're referring to the Umarex .22LF guns/rifles. Those are not real HK products. Those are made by Walther under license from HK, marketed by Umarex. Not made by HK.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Damn it! I saw Makers Mark in the title and thought there was finally a post that included two of my favorite things in the world. Whiskey and HK's. The search continues.....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Damn it! I saw Makers Mark in the title and thought there was finally a post that included two of my favorite things in the world. Whiskey and HK's. The search continues.....
You can find plenty of topics about alcohol and guns in the same conversation over at the cop forums on Officer.com

:rolleyes:

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
127 Posts
The "stag horn" is the symbol of the proof house where all HK's are test fired, it has nothing to do with the steel or HK for that matter. You can look under the World of HK tab and read up on the markings.
My walther PPQ was proofed at ulm and has the antlers. Walther actually manufactures in the town of Ulm, so I believe they all have the stag horns. I think occasionally an older sig pops up with the ulm proof mark as well. but the vast majority get proofed at Kiel. I'm sure Ulm proofs other guns too. I believe msot of the .22 umarex guns are proofed at Koln. as they are manufactured in arnsberg and not ulm...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts