HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a clone USP Match in 9mm. I was gonna buy one to go with my 45 match but seems the 9's are really expensive due to small number being imported into the USA? Anyway was gonna make one as I got a cool barrel weight from Merkel...and now probably gonna get a barrel from Jarvis and basically looking for suggestions on what to get, what NOT to get variants in the USP 9's etc??? Any help is greatly appreciated...and just seeing who has done it and how happy they are with the end product.

THANKS!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm in the middle of my clone build. I've got the HK Match weight, match sights and a Jarvis Match barrel on order. As soon as my local shop gets some more Match triggers in, I'll have them install it and be done. ;)

Mine's a SS V1, not sure exactly what your question is asking though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I want to make a clone USP Match in 9mm. I was gonna buy one to go with my 45 match but seems the 9's are really expensive due to small number being imported into the USA? Anyway was gonna make one as I got a cool barrel weight from Merkel...and now probably gonna get a barrel from Jarvis and basically looking for suggestions on what to get, what NOT to get variants in the USP 9's etc??? Any help is greatly appreciated...and just seeing who has done it and how happy they are with the end product.

THANKS!
Hey TobyHKnut!

Could You please post a pic of that Merkel barrel weight?

My brother just built a USPf 9 Custom Sport clone. It has Match sights and a Match trigger. He's also passively looking for a Match weight to convert His Custom Sport clone into a Match clone.

In recent months I put together a USP Match 45 clone and it already has over 1500 rounds down range.
_______
mugdava

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't know how to post pictures...have tried a few times and don't seem to be very successful lol I got the barrel weights from a friend of mine who went to Germany and brought back three for me. One is for a 9/40 usp-f the other two were supposed to be for my elite and my expert. I believe I got two elites tho and not the expert one lol figures. It is not the same as my original MATCH 45 weight but its pretty cool...happy with it. I guess I was just asking if anyone had done it and found anything good / bad / or things to "look out for" when doing it. I appreciate the info and will try to figure out this picture posting thing...if not you can email me at [email protected] and I can send you pics that way if anyone is interested in seeing the merkel weights

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
My advice? Don't build one. Poorly balanced gun, nothing more than a target pstol, and expensive as hell to boot.

Get a real one, don't shoot it, and keep it as a safe queen.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My advice? Don't build one. Poorly balanced gun, nothing more than a target pstol, and expensive as hell to boot.

Get a real one, don't shoot it, and keep it as a safe queen.
Strange that you say that Jason. I put together a Match clone with my Tactical 45. I actually shoot better with the weight on the gun. But I guess to begin with, I'm a newbie and still a pretty bad shot compared to most others.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jason...

I actually like mine but I can't have safe queens LOL I love shooting mine! Even my Bren Ten I shoot...can't help it. I see the real 9mm Match's going for some wacky 3 grand and above...so was figuring gonna just make a cool looking one and leave it at that. I am now thinking that I got an extra ELITE weight so just might hit up MILSPEC and buy one of their Elite 9mm's with the jet funnel and have a sweet shooting 9 with zero kick! Nasty target gun I think it would be. I have a rail for the elite too for an aimpoint, c-more etc site but it uses the same rail as the weight to mount itself so now I have more decisions!!!!!!!!! aaahhhhhhh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts