HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for fellow shooters in the area.

Mike

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm in Maricopa County. Are you in the town of Maricopa? My brother use to live out there. There are a few good spots for long distance shooting out there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm in Phoenix.....Live 5 minutes away from Ben Avery....:83:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I live in the city/town of Maricopa. Thanks for the replies.... Where is Ben Avery?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks AZ,

Although the other web site( azshooter ) may have more local people to shoot with. They aren't HK people.

Mike

·
Registered
183 Posts
Several members here are also members on arizonashooting. Also, I have yet to go to a shoot without a healthy turnout of HK firearms. I wouldn't say "We aren't HK people", I'd say "We aren't only HK people".

·
Registered
366 Posts
Several members here are also members on arizonashooting. Also, I have yet to go to a shoot without a healthy turnout of HK firearms. I wouldn't say "We aren't HK people", I'd say "We aren't only HK people".
+1

We have two HK guys besides me that shoot ACTS matches down here in Tucson.

·
Registered
896 Posts
:eek:

You live in Arizona and don't know where Ben Avery is?

The very thought......;-)

How about usery pass, know where that is?

Ben and Usery are great. I normally go to usery as its closer since I live in Chandler.

·
Registered
183 Posts
:eek:

You live in Arizona and don't know where Ben Avery is?

The very thought......;-)
That was my thought as well. Ben Avery is one of the nations greatest ranges. I took these pics from a balloon last year. Even the full pick does not quite cover the entire range.

http://www.sierraproject.com/other/ben_avery/ba.jpg
http://www.sierraproject.com/other/ben_avery/ba_full.jpg

Ben Avery is 5 minutes from my house. While I've been to a couple other AZ ranges, BA is pretty much the only range I go to these days. It just doesn't make sense to drive farther to get lesser of a range.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Heading to Rio Salado next week......

·
Registered
63 Posts
We have two HK guys besides me that shoot ACTS matches down here in Tucson.
Would one of them be using a HK93 with a suppressor on it? I shot a 3-gun match at PPC last year and someone let me try it. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name.

I've finally gotten around to getting the QD adapter for my HKs in 5.56mm, so it might be fun to try the ACTS match with a suppressed '93, or even my SL8/G36 clone.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Would one of them be using a HK93 with a suppressor on it?
Unfortunately no. We have had a few that have talked about bringing their suppressors out for ACTS but I haven't seen one yet. Now, we have had a few full autos run the course. :D

You Phoenix area guys should come on down for a match sometime. We have a match on Oct 13 and would like to see some more HK guys. The other HK guys only bring them once in a great while. Maybe it's because they shoot G3's and that 7.62 is getting pretty pricey!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been planning on coming down for one of the matches, but there always seems to be something that conflicts with it.

I'd actually like to run my G36 clone, but I have to get the replacement stock installed on it to reduce LOP to somthing I can use. Also, don't the equipment rules for ACTS matches frown on multiple optics (I have the G36 dual optic on my rifle)?

My only real objection to using a '93 would be the trigger, since the stock one in mine is especially bad. Though I could swap out the Williams set trigger from my '91.... :43:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'd actually like to run my G36 clone, but I have to get the replacement stock installed on it to reduce LOP to somthing I can use. Also, don't the equipment rules for ACTS matches frown on multiple optics (I have the G36 dual optic on my rifle)?
As long as it is the factory dual optic setup it is ACTS legal. Man, I would love to see that baby at the match! :D

My only real objection to using a '93 would be the trigger, since the stock one in mine is especially bad. Though I could swap out the Williams set trigger from my '91.... :43:
My V93's trigger sucks big time but I manage to hold my own. I reeeeeally need to send my pack off to Bill Springfield for some work. I'm sure my scores would improve.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts