HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall a while back seeing someone ask for a size comparison between a Mark 23 and Desert Eagle. Well this weekend while browsing around Gander Mountain, I happened to see both in the case right next to each other and snapped a couple pics with my cell phone. Enjoy!

HK Mark 23 - .45 ACP
Magnum Research Desert Eagle - .50 AE

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'd MUCH rather have the HK, than that P.O.S...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
The only thing bigger then both those pistols is Gander Mountain's price mark-up. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
For 2500 bucks does it come with a bi-pod?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
For 2500 bucks does it come with a bi-pod?
No, but it comes with a complimentary anti-stair guard finish... :biggrin:

·
Registered
159 Posts
POS? DE .50 is a great gun. Accurate as all heck.. Ammo a weee bit expensive. But all in all a really well built gun. I have owned my DE for about 12 years, Never once a misfire, FTE, FTF of any kind. Granted, not a great EDC but the Mark 23 isnt any better.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAHA...not trying to start a war between DE and HK (though I think I know where most of the support would go). I just recall this being brought up in the past and figured, why not get it on here for future reference. I really can't believe the price though...highway robbery.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Great picture. I too was curious to see the size comparison. Out of the two… i'd go HK ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
POS? DE .50 is a great gun. Accurate as all heck.. Ammo a weee bit expensive. But all in all a really well built gun. I have owned my DE for about 12 years, Never once a misfire, FTE, FTF of any kind. Granted, not a great EDC but the Mark 23 isnt any better.
youre the first person ive ever heard say anything good about the .50 DE....everyone else ive talked to says they are complete garbage, and that the only DE worth getting is the .44 because they are built so much better

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I had a DE .50. I sold it because it kept ejecting cases into my forehead. Between the two, I prefer the Mark 23. It's popular opinion that Mark is "huge". The DE is not only huge, but weighs a ton. Funny how I don't read so many moaning about the DE's dimensions and weight.... I wonder why.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
youre the first person ive ever heard say anything good about the .50 DE....everyone else ive talked to says they are complete garbage, and that the only DE worth getting is the .44 because they are built so much better
THIS ^

I'd rather have a Taurus.....

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
Of the D.E. 's I have held, I haven't found one that I thought was cheap, or felt like a POS, but I wouldn't buy one. And I have a MK23 on my list. So that is my vote, but I don't see much wrong with a DE, I have never fired one, I picked one up held it, saw the price, and then said thanks, but no thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just picked up my second Mark 23 which I love and I also had a DE .357 mag and loved it as well. Even with full power loads, it worked every time and honestly with the recoil and how heavy the gun and slide itself are, really felt like shooting a stout 9mm or .40.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would love to have a DE. If I found one for about $700ish, I'd buy one in a heart beat. I have a 23 but you really can't compare them together. It would be like comparing a M1 Garand to a M1 Carbine.

The 23 being lighter, railed, shoots the 45 acp, threaded, 12 rounds, Browning tilting barrel cycling and being double action.

The DE being much heavier, caliber choices (357, 41, 44 and 50 ae), Built in scope mount, 8 rounds, Gas operated cycling and being single action only.

Just two totally different beasts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have shot the DE 6in and 8in 44 and 6in 50ae. DE are not POS's, they are serious hunting guns. My brother has 2. They are extremely heavy guns, no question, but accurate as hell. It seems a scope is a necessity on this weapon. The first time I shot the 50, he had no scope on it. It is a huge gun in your hand. First shot ok, second left me with permanent scars in my wrist/forearm from the slide. He put a scope on it and it is manageable. It is just too big for me. I have shot a 30-06 encore pistol with handloads at 220gr noslers(they really spanked). It reminds me of his 454 freedom. DE's are just hard to shoot if they don't fit you well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I haven't shot the .50 but own a .44 mag DE. The 44 is built very well, though I don't shoot it much it is extremely accurate.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 30 Posts