HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and couldn't find an answer here.

I know the mags for the USP and Mark are different. My question is, could I take the the extended floor plate for a USP 45 and attach it to a Mark 23 magazine? I know it it's going take some dremel work but has anyone tried that? My hands are really large, and that extra lip would really be better for me.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My pinky barely fits on the bottom the gun. It was half hanging off on the USP until I put a jet funnel on it. I'm going to buy a floor plate and try this next time I buy something from hkparts.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My pinky barely fits on the bottom the gun. It was half hanging off on the USP until I put a jet funnel on it. I'm going to buy a floor plate and try this next time I buy something from hkparts.
Yes it can be done, I converted my usp mags to work in the mark 23. I just switched the baseplates, but u will need to dremel if you want the extended usp ones to fit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes it can be done, I converted my usp mags to work in the mark 23. I just switched the baseplates, but u will need to dremel if you want the extended usp ones to fit.
Check if the USP mags have the same width of lips on the body. Otherwise they might cause stoppages in Mark 23. I've done that in the past only to learn from this forum why all of the sudden my superreliable Mark 23 started chocking

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The USP extended floor plate will fit the mag of the Mark 23 just fine. It will not fit the Mark 23 though unless you grind a notch in the top front of the mag to accommodate the ledge hanging down from the front bottom edge of the Mark 23's grip. Not a big deal to do if you can tie your shoes and chew gum at the same time. Just a couple minutes with a Dremel and a sanding drum and you should be done.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, so this isn't my best work, and I thought this was going to be easier. I didn't have much to work with, but the 3 things I ended up using were two files, and a hot wire foam cutting tool. It doesn't look good up close, but it the gun it's okay and works as intended. Using the hot wire was really the only way to quickly take away some of the plastic. My dremel is broken, and filing by hand was a nightmare. I'm sure I could clean it up a little by sanding/polishing but this was my first try:

·
Registered
60 Posts
your meatpaws make that Mark23 look like a P2000SK:)
Ha! No kidding, I really want to see a pic of you holding a something stupid small like a P290...you would crush the poor thing.
Not a bad job on the floor plates though, so long as they fit fine I wouldn't stress over making them look perfect

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
your meatpaws make that Mark23 look like a P2000SK:)

Looks great!
thats funny stuff.........
and what Vkosty said is true, they are very slightly different at the front lip
mine had hiccups too..........

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha! No kidding, I really want to see a pic of you holding a something stupid small like a P290...you would crush the poor thing.
Not a bad job on the floor plates though, so long as they fit fine I wouldn't stress over making them look perfect
I had a glock 19 that I would shoot with my pinky hanging off... I can barely shoot a FS USP, a jet funnel kit makes it much better. I don't even bother trying to shoot the subcompact. My carry gun is a USP45c with the finger rest like this it's gets me by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts