HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a Mark 23 for a REALLY long time, the only thing that I was concerned was is if it was too big for my hands. Can someone who owns a Mark 23 tell me how big someone hands have to be to pull the trigger comfortably? If I can get some specific measurements. My hand is about 7.1 inches long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I just want a measurment of someone's hand who can hold the Mark 23 comfortably. Web to index finger length is about 4.5 inches.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Well... Regardless of what your hand measures you should try to hold one before you buy it.

If you can control a full size USP I can almost guarantee that you will be fine with a Mark 23

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use a 7.5 surgical glove and it fits me just fine. I dont think i have very large hands compared to some guys, I cant come close to palming a basketball but I can shoot the Mark23 just fine and reach everything easily.

·
Registered
257 Posts
it's almost identical to a fricking USP.

people have this huge myth about the Mk23 being a HUGE gun. the only thing huge on that thing is the bigger trigger guard, and the longer barrel/slide.

the grip isn't huge, it's not much wider compared to a USP, and grips are nearly identical with a FS USP.

hell, it weights less than a aluminum frame 1911 !!!

if you can grab any double stack .45, you can grab a mk23

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have really small girlie hands. don't worry, you will be able to pull the trigger no matter what if you are reasonably functional. I shoot this pistol better than any other with the exception of an older Colt 1911 Gold Cup.
The usual support hand around the trigger guard style grip some prefer is out, its so long of a reach for me, thats one definite difference.
I say go for it as most people who say its too big are biased by the price vs some idiotic comparison, I love mine as you can see by my posts.
It is a great pistol, DO NOT be turned away by the naysayers, worse case you don't like it so sell it, they keep their value relative
to alot of other HK's..........

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have medium hands and can comfortably hold my mark23 with a hogue grip on it. Metal Gear reference on your user name, Snake?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have really small girlie hands. don't worry, you will be able to pull the trigger no matter what if you are reasonably functional. I shoot this pistol better than any other with the exception of an older Colt 1911 Gold Cup.
The usual support hand around the trigger guard style grip some prefer is out, its so long of a reach for me, thats one definite difference.
I say go for it as most people who say its too big are biased by the price vs some idiotic comparison, I love mine as you can see by my posts.
It is a great pistol, DO NOT be turned away by the naysayers, worse case you don't like it so sell it, they keep their value relative
to alot of other HK's..........
Indeed.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
hell, it weights less than a aluminum frame 1911 !!!

really???? in what universe?

the 5" 1911 (Kimber Carry) weighs 31 ounces = 1.94 lb unloaded

the MK23 weighs 2.7 lb empty....

so the MK23 is actually nearly 0.8 lbs HEAVIER than a aluminum frame 1911....

you know why? The slide of the 1911 is significantly SLIMMER than the MK23 (single stack, dooh)....and the same is true for the grip..... also: the 1911 supports just a 5" barrel, the MK23 nearly a 6" barrel....

just facts.....

sources:

Kimber America | Custom Crimson Carry II

Heckler & Koch Mark 23 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
257 Posts
really???? in what universe?

the 5" 1911 (Kimber Carry) weighs 31 ounces = 1.94 lb unloaded

the MK23 weighs 2.7 lb empty....

so the MK23 is actually nearly 0.8 lbs HEAVIER than a aluminum frame 1911....

you know why? The slide of the 1911 is significantly SLIMMER than the MK23 (single stack, dooh)....and the same is true for the grip..... also: the 1911 supports just a 5" barrel, the MK23 nearly a 6" barrel....

just facts.....

sources:

Kimber America | Custom Crimson Carry II

Heckler & Koch Mark 23 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here are some 'just facts...' for ya

Mk23 - 49.5oz fully loaded

PT1911AR (Aluminum frame Taurus 1911 with rails) - 49.7 fully loaded

Here are some pictures of a 1911 and a mk23 on a scale that I just toook. just for you. consider this your lucky day for some edumacation on real life facts and not website hype ;)

I'm sure there are ligther 1911s. like a poly frame 1911. or that light 1911, which I wouldn't carry.

Don't believe you everything you read on the internet. my PT1911AR supposedly weights 33.6oz according to taurus. they were only off by 7oz.

I'm sure that kimber will work great for you. the mk23 might be little too heavy for you ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
My TRP Operator weighs 2.5 LBS unloaded. It's a full rail and bull barrel though.
yup, my pt1911ar weights the same, without a BB (40.5oz)

the website says it weighs 33.6oz... goes to tell you not to back up factual data with website hype. just saying. (unless my cerakote added 7oz)

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
here are some 'just facts...' for ya

Mk23 - 49.5oz fully loaded

PT1911AR (Aluminum frame Taurus 1911 with rails) - 49.7 fully loaded

Here are some pictures of a 1911 and a mk23 on a scale that I just toook. just for you. consider this your lucky day for some edumacation on real life facts and not website hype ;)

I'm sure there are ligther 1911s. like a poly frame 1911. or that light 1911, which I wouldn't carry.

Don't believe you everything you read on the internet. my PT1911AR supposedly weights 33.6oz according to taurus. they were only off by 7oz.

I'm sure that kimber will work great for you. the mk23 might be little too heavy for you ;)
so your loaded and railed Taurus "1911"-style is a whopping 0.01 lb (!!) heavier than a loaded MK23? Wooow.
I see you have a point there.

I was btw talking about factory specs and unloaded (!) guns. And yes - I trust manufacturer specs more than someone using his kitchen scale. So much about website "hype". I'm pretty sure manufacturers have better measuring equipment than you have in your kitchen.

I'm ending it here now.... I'm just allergic to folks making general statements which they can barely back up. Kinda like saying that high-end 1911s come with no warranty and/or that the MK23 is worth 2k because it shoots straight out of the box....

Good night!

·
Registered
257 Posts
so your loaded and railed Taurus "1911"-style is a whopping 0.01 lb (!!) heavier than a loaded MK23? Wooow.
I see you have a point there.

I was btw talking about factory specs and unloaded (!) guns. And yes - I trust manufacturer specs more than someone using his kitchen scale. So much about website "hype". I'm pretty sure manufacturers have better measuring equipment than you have in your kitchen.

I'm ending it here now.... I'm just allergic to folks making general statements which they can barely back up. Kinda like saying that high-end 1911s come with no warranty and/or that the MK23 is worth 2k because it shoots straight out of the box....

Good night!
No need to be rude. you showed me numbers off a website where manufacturers post their own numbers, and I showed you 2 pistols on a scale (yes, kitchen scale... how accurate you want this to be?) and you see yourself that it was lighter. how much lighter? not by much. but lighter? yes. you get 4 more rounds with this setup and an extra inch of barrel.

I could call you all sorts of names, and make you look very stupid since you have nothing buy website data to back up your claims, but with respect I posted pictures of the guns loaded and put them on a scale.

now here you are saying I'm making general statements that I can barely back up, when I just put up 2 pictures just for you to show you that I was right. and you're calling me out on it. what does that make you?

I'm done here as well. you've been proven wrong. if you want to take this further, please take it to the PMs. everyone who sees this post now will see that a 1911 fully loaded weighs more than a mk23 loaded. Thanks.

eta - I'm sure there are ligther 1911s out there, like the one you posted. hell that thing weighs less comparad to a poly frame RRA1911.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I too have girlie hands and I can shoot the Mark 23 OK SA, but it is a reach for me DA. Here is a picture I took years ago of the differences between a Mark 23, USP, and USPC, at least where the trigger hits my finger with the same grip. The difference is too small to really matter to someone really wanting the shoot the Mark 23, but for me the Mark 23 is just a toy and I much prefer the USP or better yet, the USPC which fits me perfectly and points like a finger. Neither the USP nor the Mark 23, especially the Mark 23, point well for me, at least not as naturally as the USPC does. However, I can still shoot the Mark 23 OK, I just have to shift my grip a little for a DA shot. Big whoop really although I still prefer the USPC over all others.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts