HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Avid shooter
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have seen very little push on Red Dot mount Bridges for the MK23.
I have asked AmeriGunusa.com - post that, not only can they "Drill Out" the regular sights for the MK23 and replace with Tritium vials!
That, can they also MILL the MK23 slide to fit the Trijicon RMR sight itself. I have recently bought a SPARE MK23 slide. I am wanting to send this spare off to them.
But.... it's a $600 slide, another $120 in springs, parts / extractor. Then another $225 to have it milled. If they screw it up, I'm out another $1200.

Has ANYONE done this? How is their work? I do not want to send a $600 Slide for them to screw it up... Anyone has had work done by these guys?

Home - Live - AmeriGunUSA

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have asked AmeriGunusa.com - post that, not only can they "Drill Out" the regular sights for the MK23 and replace with Tritium vials!
That, can they also MILL the MK23 slide to fit the Trijicon RMR sight itself. I have recently bought a SPARE MK23 slide. I am wanting to send this spare off to them.
But.... it's a $600 slide, another $120 in springs, parts / extractor. Then another $225 to have it milled. If they screw it up, I'm out another $1200.

Has ANYONE done this? How is their work? I do not want to send a $600 Slide for them to screw it up... Anyone has had work done by these guys?

I’ve had my USP Expert and Elite target sights drilled out and had tritium inserts put in. They did excellent work. Didn’t know they could do slide cuts for the RMR as well. They seem very competent and were great to deal with. I say go for it. Let us know how it comes out. I have a couple of slides I’d like them to mill myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Avid shooter
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had my USP Expert and Elite target sights drilled out and had tritium inserts put in. They did excellent work. Didn’t know they could do slide cuts for the RMR as well. They seem very competent and were great to deal with. I say go for it. Let us know how it comes out. I have a couple of slides I’d like them to mill myself

Thanks! Elite and USP Expert, are way different then a Mark 23. I appreciate your response. For a Mark 23... It requires twice the Engineering planning. The actual gun is twice the size as an "Elite". And has more options than any basic gun.
This is the reason I am shopping for a proper Machinist.

·
Registered
Avid shooter
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not kidding... I paid $600 for the new, blank slide, another $120 in parts. I will send it off for another $300 in milling work. Another $450 in another Trijicon RMR.
No one has these MK23 slides. Parts are scarce, and a bit pricey. So, to say, sure... Send it to a ???? without researching first? Screw that!
Sorry, I want actual customers from them. A very Rare Slide, that not many have worked on. It's not an HK45, not a USP45. A totally different weapon,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not kidding... I paid $600 for the new, blank slide, another $120 in parts. I will send it off for another $300 in milling work. Another $450 in another Trijicon RMR.
No one has these MK23 slides. Parts are scarce, and a bit pricey. So, to say, sure... Send it to a ???? without researching first? Screw that!
Sorry, I want actual customers from them. A very Rare Slide, that not many have worked on. It's not an HK45, not a USP45. A totally different weapon,
After thinking about it, I wouldn’t do it. If L&M Precision were still in business, I’d send it to him. Now there are too many unknowns. USPs in general seem to be a hassle to mill for an RMR. Very few outfits seem willing to do it. It’s not like my Glocks, where you have so many options to choose from for milling.

This is what I’d do; stick a rail adapter on there (below). Then, I’d stick a Crimson Trace CMR-206 green laser unit on there like I did with my USP Expert. Works great up to 25 yards and even further in a low light setting. Waaay cheaper than going the whole RMR route and you can return your Mark 23 back to its original state in 15 seconds

·
Registered
Avid shooter
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Bud... You're spare parts... You mentioned GLOCK. And I lost any words after that. This IS..., HKPRO forum. NOT GLOCK!
I want / need an RMR sight attached on my Spare H&K MK23 Slide. (L&M is out!) I am asking for those who've had it done. My Top Two Milling Companies are .... Amerigun. and SAS Milling! Both said they CAN complete this milling job. But do not promote this on their website. I am asking for any real MK23 owners, if they have EVER done this work? Not GLOCK wannabees.
I already own the Top of the Line! Viridan C5 series Green laser / light. Smallest on the market. But I prefer a Trijicon RMR on the top of the slide. My preference, not yours.
I Swear to GOD, I will delete any GLOCK response. F$%* GLOCK! If I wanted GLOCK responses, I would've joined a GLOCK forum! I do not own any GLOCK! Nor do I want to buy one!
I didn't spend over $2000 for a Mark23, to get answers from a Sub-standard Version 4, Glock 21, .45 Cal pistol. -----Mark 23 has ONLY one single version. It's the MK23. Not Version 1,2,3,4...... If you cannot afford a MK23. That is fine.... Stick to your own forums.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry Bud... You're spare parts... You mentioned GLOCK. And I lost any words after that. This IS..., HKPRO forum. NOT GLOCK!
I want / need an RMR sight attached on my Spare H&K MK23 Slide. (L&M is out!) I am asking for those who've had it done. My Top Two Milling Companies are .... Amerigun. and SAS Milling! Both said they CAN complete this milling job. But do not promote this on their website. I am asking for any real MK23 owners, if they have EVER done this work? Not GLOCK wannabees.
I already own the Top of the Line! Viridan C5 series Green laser / light. Smallest on the market. But I prefer a Trijicon RMR on the top of the slide. My preference, not yours.
I Swear to GOD, I will delete any GLOCK response. F$%* GLOCK! If I wanted GLOCK responses, I would've joined a GLOCK forum! I do not own any GLOCK! Nor do I want to buy one!
I didn't spend over $2000 for a Mark23, to get answers from a Sub-standard Version 4, Glock 21, .45 Cal pistol. -----Mark 23 has ONLY one single version. It's the MK23. Not Version 1,2,3,4...... If you cannot afford a MK23. That is fine.... Stick to your own forums.
Lol, ok

·
Registered
612 Posts
I know Brontes Firearms offered this to the Mark 23. Unfortunately, I don't think they are in business anymore but maybe the gunsmith went to another outfit. They milled my USP slide and did a great job.

I mention this because when I was considering an RMR on my Mark 23 I was only considering gunsmiths who had done that work to other Mark 23s.

For a poor man's RMR I did find a company who made the plates for the MK23 that dovetail in as the rear sight. I don't remember the company so I appreciate that this isn't very helpful... but it's out there.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
with comments like this don't expect many to chime in and help. i'm out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
🙄

·
Registered
830 Posts

C&H Precision out of Richmond Hill Ga. are the only people that I have ever/will ever (for as long as they’re in business) use, so those are the only useful pennies that I’ve got to throw at you…

·
Registered
305 Posts
So to summarize:

USPs aren’t even close to Mk23s.

Glocks are substandard garbage and their owners are poors.

As superior as the Mk23 is to other HKs (and don’t forget Glocks), it desperately needs an RMR to be even gooder.

Got it. 😜

·
Registered
224 Posts
So to summarize:

USPs aren’t even close to Mk23s.

Glocks are substandard garbage and their owners are poors.

As superior as the Mk23 is to other HKs (and don’t forget Glocks), it desperately needs an RMR to be even gooder.

Got it.
Don’t forget that Glock owners are spare parts. That was my take-away

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,940 Posts
This isn't necessary, and we'd ask for you to tone it down in future posts where this may come up.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Get a gunsmith-free red dot mount - I don't know the name of the company(s) that makes them, but I've seen photos of them. They clamp onto the frame and the front portion of the trigger guard. I sure as hell wouldn't do that to a Mk 23 slide - spare or not..!! You might consider the notion of "Do I REALLY need this...??" I'm 69 years old & still shoot my 2 Mk 23's quite well with the Tritium sights that I've had put on the slide. Personally speaking, my opinion on red dot sights, especially wherein you have to depend on batteries for something like that, to be largely a "fad". A few years ago, nobody used them. Now, suddenly, EVERYBODY'S got them - hell, a lot of guns are now coming out with "red dot ready" slide mounts, etc...!! I shoot my Mk 23's quite accurately without a red dot sight. Get Tritium night sights put on - no batteries needed for 10 to 12 years...!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts