HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a Mark 23 for range shooting and fairly new to HKs. Would a KG date coded model with a few hundred rounds fired and a 98% slide condition be more desirable than a factory new one? Any drawbacks to buying an older model Mk23 compared to a new one? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
None. as soon as you shoot it the value drops like anything else...........

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I agree with MEW. Buy one with a few hundred rounds through it and save some money. There is no difference in quality of a newer or older made MK23. They are all great pistols.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Buy what you want , new or used. Either way you are getting one amazing pistol that you would be the first to ever wear it out. If you can save a little money , good more money for ammo or money for a can ;)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
At some point they changed the Maritime finish. I have a newer one, I think 2011 date code. From what I was told, it does not have the same maritime finish the older ones have. Other than that, it's apples to apples. I love mine. It's the best shooting gun I own. If I was going to a gun fight, I'd defnitely bring the Mark 23...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't know if there was a consensus that a slightly used KG model would still be preferred to own and shoot over a factory new model.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't know if there was a consensus that a slightly used KG model would still be preferred to own and shoot over a factory new model.
Not that is preferred but the gun so overbuilt to point it is not going to "wear" out so if you can get one that you like and is in good condition then go for it. I just bought mine new 2 weeks ago and have 500 or so rounds through it so it is used already... get my point lol :62:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Just get a used one. They are so robust you are more likely to be struck by lightning than to find a Mark 23 that is worn out. Maybe 20 years from now I'd be expecting worn out SOCOMs... By the way, your are going to love that gun.

·
Registered
166 Posts
They're all great, but if you find a well taken care of older one, even if it is used, why not go for it? Maritime finish for the win. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a sweet picture. I've decided to go with the KG model. I really like the finish and the engraved logo. It only has a 300 rounds through it and is in great condition. Thanks for everyone's help! While this is my first HK, I have a feeling it won't be my last.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is a sweet picture. I've decided to go with the KG model. I really like the finish and the engraved logo. It only has a 300 rounds through it and is in great condition. Thanks for everyone's help! While this is my first HK, I have a feeling it won't be my last.
Like I said earlier I bought mine brand new two weeks ago, already 400 rounds through it so go for it!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts