HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys first post here and i got a question that may not have a likeable answer. Now i have a Mark 23 and i just bought a Wilcox IR/Visible laser light setup for it. I want to holster it on the thigh of course, and so i am looking for a holster to fit this setup. Does anybody know where i can find one? Does anyone know what the Navy sued or uses with their setup? Im would much rather beable to find one then build one which i will do if there is no other options. Thanks
Tyler

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wilcox made the drop leg holster.

Message sent via SkyNet, Present Day

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. From what im seeing me getting that Wilcox holster is going to be less likely then me having got the Wilcox LAM lol. However thanks for the info. From what im seeing they also only made the holster to fit one of the
options and not both attached. Im guessing then that no one has made a holster big enough to fit both. Does anyone have any experience using airsoft holsters that would fit this setup as i know they have similar stuff. Now i would have to restiched
and beef it up before i were to trust an airsoft holster to hold $4k worth of gear but if that is an option i may got for it as i dont really want to make a holster any time soon kydex and cordura. Also would i get more info in regards to this thread if i
moved it?
Tyler

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
What are you using the gun for?

I'm going to assume nothing serious/heavy duty...maybe wearing it to the range, or someone's back yard for plinking, right? If that's the case, an airsoft oriented holster would probably work fine.

As to moving the thread/question, no point. Do a search using the search bar, this has been discussed a lot. If you post it in "Handgun Talk," people are just going to tell you to use the search bar anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Well i searched and looked at first 10 to 20 results before i got sick of looking at questions asked with no responses or a sale add from 3 years ago.
As for shooting i will be running stress courses and the likes of moving and shooting. I will also be doing backyard/range plinking. However for the moving and shooting i do not want a 2k device that you cannot buy anymore smashing into the ground. The pistol is one thing a i can more easily repair damages however it is desireable to not allow that to rip through some cheesy holster meant for a plastic toy, know what i mean.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Maybe it's possible to get a custom holster made (out of Kydex perhaps)? I know plenty of people on the forum that have gotten custom holsters for their HK's to work with specific lights/lasers. You've got a great set up. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The pistol is one thing a i can more easily repair damages however it is desireable to not allow that to rip through some cheesy holster meant for a plastic toy, know what i mean.
Definitely, I hear ya.

If you're that concerned about the LAM, then why use it in these stress courses you'll be shooting? If you don't attach the LAM, it certainly makes your holster choices easier since you could go for the superb Safariland 6004 for $120.

Otherwise, it's custom time.....of which there are definitely threads about custom holsters for the Mk23, I've seen them in the past. Also, a nylon holster shouldn't be hard to make at all. Pretty easy, actually.......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm overall i do want the holster to fit however for certain given training exercises tat is a decent idea not just not use it. Didnt really think about it. But it does preserve the LAM then. Ill check into these custom holster search more too. Now i assume the LAM is durable but i really dont know and it is not replaceable so i dont really want to find out. Thanks for the input and help so far.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You could always buy the rail adapter and mount a current production surefire.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SkyNet, Present Day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts