HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm still learning about my HK Mark 23 I picked up and have a quick question. I have shot a lot of Glocks and there is a tiny bit of rattle when I shake the gun as the firing pin is loose in the slide by design though i'm curious if it's the same way with the Mark 23, as when I shake it some side to side there seems to be a slight internal rattle like there is something loose in the slide. I'm not talking about the slide to rail fit, that's tight! Is this normal?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the reply. So it appears mine is normal then. Weird as another one I've held it doesn't do it so wasn't sure. Going front to back I can't get it but side to side there is the noise. What is it? Have you had any issues with your gun? Mine is unfired and new to me.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I noticed it when I got mine too. Made a video and was going to talk to HKCS, but then it stopped. Comes back every now and again though. I think it's either the sear or disconnector.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it must be the sear or disconnector. Doesn't seem to matter if the slide is back or forward, hammer up or down, mag in or out. Good to know it's not abnormal at least. It was just a little surprising to me given that it's such a "tight" and well fitted gun all around, yet has that little rattle. Hell the rails are tighter than most 1911's I've held with the exception of my Baer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine only does it when the slide is open. I don't think it is a big deal.

Thus far, my Mark 23 has been flawless, but I don't have a lot of rounds through it; last count approaching 7,000.

·
Registered
599 Posts

Thus far, my Mark 23 has been flawless, but I don't have a lot of rounds through it; last count approaching 7,000.
I could literally HEAR you say that as I read it !!! then Mic drop and walk away........ Hysterical and Well Played Sir, well-played.

I have not noticed any rattle in mine. KG 23-29XX

·
Registered
615 Posts
There's a thread around here about a Federal Ammunition test gun USP 45 in excess of 297,000. He may be dead serious, a Mk 23 is just getting broke in at 7,000 ;)

·
Registered
714 Posts

Great quote! I don't have 7k rounds through any of my HK's. Tells me I probably have a few too many.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just called HK and they agreed with everyone here that it is normal and nothing to worry about. They said it may actually go away with shooting it some so either way I guess I'm good. Thanks for all the comments everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts