HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am starting to search for a Mark 23. Have there been changes over the years that I need to be aware of?

Or is there a link to a discussion on this. Pretty sure I am not the first to ask.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am not the expert but I know they changed the finish at some point the older ones have the marinatime finish that is glossy and the newer productions have more a matte finish. And they use to come in a eagle deployment bag

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The only thing worth noting is the maritime finish. It was done up until around 2004, then they switched to the same standard finish as other HK's. The maritime finish is more valuable to a collector since it's no longer offered. However for the normal civilian joe it's not going to make one difference in the operation of the pistol.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks to me like the first well-maintained and well-priced used one is what I am looking for. I don't have a real preference on the finishes. I won't use the safety lockout, and if there is no damage from misuse with that option, then it is not a factor. Scroll marks are irrelevant. Going to shoot it. Probably get another suppressor just for it. I have a .45 Osprey on my USP Tac but I don't think is the right suppressor for that gun.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Try to find an excellent, pre-owned one for @ $1,500.00- $1,600.00--- they do pop up from time to time!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$1825 is the NIB low I have found. So $1500-1600 is what I am looking at plus or minus condition and accessories.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts