HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just received strike one so let me be clear. I'm not price shopping or trying to sell this H&K. It's my 81 year old father's and he asked me to find information. He called H&K and they directed him to this site (he doesn't have a computer). He's looking for information on the Mark 23 SOCOM 45 ACP with what I believe to be a date code of KG. Please confirm if this is 1996 production (he purchased on January 31, 1997). It's in a green camo nylon case - unfired - and has threaded barrel. He never purchased the can.

He has a gun magazine article from 1996 which describes the weapon, rigorous military testing, and adaptation by SEALS. There's got to be more information out there.

Sincerely,
KKMARK

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
IMG_0571.JPG

If your dads pistol was made in the first half of 1996, his slide will be KG date code and the slide will be engraved with "Mark 23". If it was made in second half of 1996 it will still have a date code of KG, but they changed the engraving to "MARK 23". Hope that helps.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You're father has great taste in handguns, that's for sure!

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
View attachment 93322

If your dads pistol was made in the first half of 1996, his slide will be KG date code and the slide will be engraved with "Mark 23". If it was made in second half of 1996 it will still have a date code of KG, but they changed the engraving to "MARK 23". Hope that helps.
Very nice on how low your number is!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts