HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would like to read your opinions on the best thigh rigs for the Mark 23. I plan on using mine for 3-gun matches. I've been looking all over online for quite some time but cannot seem to find one to commit to yet. I am leaning towards one of the Safariland 6000's or the Spectergear thigh rig. If I go with a Specter, I may be able to use more than just one pistol type for the same holster, but I dunno. I dont even see they make one for the Mk23, only for the Fullsize USP45. If you guys have any experience with these, please share.

Thanks
Brian

·
Banned
384 Posts
I have one of the 6005's by Safariland. Got the dual mag pouches, and the hip rig adapter. (So you can legally use it for IDPA or IPSC. IPSC for sure wont let you use a thigh rig, unless you can prove you are LEO. Does it make sense? I guess it does to them. When I ran a IDPA course with the Mark 23, I used an old Anaconda Colt 8" Holster, shell loops and all. LOL What a mess.

As for the Safariland, it is very well made, and has a nice look to it. Comfortable also.

I got mine from Big Duke 60, and although I give him hell about this and that, he can save you a few bones over other retailers.

Hkx3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found one!

I picked up the blade tech thigh rig. I contacted the local gun ranges first to make sure I can wear a thigh rig for 3 gun and they said yes but only for three gun not IPSC. So I am good to go.

Brian

·
Registered
266 Posts
do the right thing

·
Registered
266 Posts
6005 with light $72.00

6005 with out light $67.00

6004 is the same rig but $5.00 cheaper is all
with light $67.00
no light$62.00

$10.00 ship

black/tan/OD Green
better then anything blackhawk makes
hands down

Duke

·
Registered
33 Posts
+1 for the 6004.

The Safariland holster does not move around like the blackhawk does. And it is molded to the pistol so your MK will fit great in it.

Wiley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have suggestions for leather holsters for the Mark 23? and Elite? My wife and I want to use these to give IPSC a try (nothing serious) but we have to come to the course with a holster.

Any specific models from Galco or Tex Shoemaker for instance?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Eagle's SAS is a decent thigh holster that's well built. Mine came with two straps, but works fine with just the lower one. It also has an extra security strap that goes over the grip as well for those inclined to jump out of perfectly good aircraft and need some extra security for their rosco. It's not the Safariland 6004 by any means, they are awesome and I use their duty version 6280 on a regular basis for many of my weapons. The difference with the Eagle would be you can use it for more than one weapon because the fit is more generic versus being molded to a specific gun, but its still secure, and it's much lighter being made of nylon web gear.

·
Registered
152 Posts
+1 for the 6004. You may also want to look at LBT's mk23 holster.

PBR

·
Registered
239 Posts
+1 for the 6004.

The Safariland holster does not move around like the blackhawk does. And it is molded to the pistol so your MK will fit great in it.

Wiley
I have that holster (or maybe not, mine doesn't have any kind of "paddle" on it) and like it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the bottom loop. Nice dual double mag pouch, I've only seen the double mag pouch on the Safariland site.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have that holster (or maybe not, mine doesn't have any kind of "paddle" on it) and like it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the bottom loop. Nice dual double mag pouch, I've only seen the double mag pouch on the Safariland site.
I do too. On mine,there is a flap of extra elastic that protrudes from one side of the buckle. Just pull it through. These holsters were the original ones issued to SOCOM when the Mark 23 went operational. They are all surplus. Most of them are in unissued condition. The one I got years ago,was. Perhaps an operator "trimmed" the elastic to not have a flap,thereby destroying your ability to adjust yours. i am not selling these holsters,but I know they are rare as hen's teeth. Anybody that needs a mark 23 holster,now is a really rare chance. I got the wife to buy me one for Xmas!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I do too. On mine,there is a flap of extra elastic that protrudes from one side of the buckle. Just pull it through. These holsters were the original ones issued to SOCOM when the Mark 23 went operational. They are all surplus. Most of them are in unissued condition. The one I got years ago,was. Perhaps an operator "trimmed" the elastic to not have a flap,thereby destroying your ability to adjust yours. i am not selling these holsters,but I know they are rare as hen's teeth. Anybody that needs a mark 23 holster,now is a really rare chance. I got the wife to buy me one for Xmas!
Yes I know it is adjustable on the "male" end, I have it as small as possible. The problem is that the "female" end is extremely long and non-adjustable. It is simply elastic, which is fine for the upper strap as it has to go across the thickest portion of your thigh. The lower strap is spanning the portion of your leg just above the knee, a thinner part of the leg. I compensate by wrapping the "female" end around the holster once and then around the leg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts