HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range for the first time with my new Mark 23 & after I got back home I noticed that my thread protector was missing.

I just ordered another one from the HK Web Shop, but I'd like to keep this one.

Has anyone else had this issue before? Are there any tricks besides just tightening the protector after every clip or two that you shoot?

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you are at the range, why not ride bareback? I can see no need to have the thread protector on while shooting if you are exercising proper care not to bang the pistol around, and it might make proper cleaning afterward easier if you keep the TP stowed while you are shooting.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Some use an "O" ring to prevent that... I've not had a problem with my USP 45 Tac. using an "O" ring... I can't tell you which one to use, as I got mine from an informed member on here... Someone with knowledge will chime in, I feel sure...
Have a good one...Tater2...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
osageid:

Yes, I just bought it & yesterday was the first time with it at the range.

BigBoss0311:

I like that idea a lot.

LazarusLong:

I had not considered that before. I would prefer to shoot with it on though becaus that area was pretty dirty after only a couple hundred rounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, Tater2:

Where would you put that O ring in order to prevent the protector from coming off?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
My suppressors will get loose after the first 15 to 20 rounds. I think it is because the metals expand with heat and the recoil works it loose. If I tighten the suppressor back up after it is hot, it stays tight...gotta wear gloves though hehe. Maybe that is what is happening with the thread protector.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, I just bought it & yesterday was the first time with it at the range.

I just purchased mine and a thread protector did not come with the pistol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
azimuth:

Ah, that makes sense.

osageid:

Correct, mine did not come with one either. I purchase the protector separately from HKParts.net & I had it prior to going out for the first time

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Teflon tape works very well. Those with thread on suppressors on bolt guns use it to great effect.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh, Tater2:

Where would you put that O ring in order to prevent the protector from coming off?
In the groove right behind the threads is where I put mine... So far my TP has not loosened up, but mine is not HK, it's the TROS...
PS-http://trosusa.com/
Have a good one...Tater2...

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have a 40 tac and also bought my TP from Tros. I dont remember the TP coming loose when i first got it and was using the O-ring. Since that wore out, i have to tighten the TP every few magazines. I guess its time to put in another O-ring.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i heard the HK tp is crap, they just made it to comply to requests. Mine's from AAC. i cant be more satisfied. its got an O-ring integrated to it, and i think its even in a finish similar to the pistol's. i never cleaned it and it never rusts or fades. thousands of rounds and it wont budge.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
the HK TP is thinner than Tros or AAC, I've had them all. personally I like the profile of the HK better.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Leave it at home when at range. Clean pistol, and attach thread protector when done.

I leave my thread. Protectors at home or in gun case when shooting for this exact reason.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts