HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Mark 23 a few weeks ago, here is a video of it compared to my USP. The video is in 1080p, dont forget to set it accordingly. Sorry if I repeat myself in the video, it is a result of me splicing multiple clips together.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Amazing video. I left you some feedback on Youtube. Truly amazing work. I had no idea how different they really were in terms of the barrel, the steel inserts, etc. Thank you again. This should be "stickied".

·
Registered
783 Posts
Also is that the more "matte" Maritime finish? I recall a thread mentioning two different levels of gloss found on the Mark. Whatever it is, it looks really good.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Also is that the more "matte" Maritime finish? I recall a thread mentioning two different levels of gloss found on the Mark. Whatever it is, it looks really good.
I'd like to know that also, I never seen the difference. I thought they were all maritime finish on the mark 23 expect for tan mark 23.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My understanding is that the original maritime finish hasnt been used in a while, there is no mention of whether the matte finish is worse, the same , or better.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The martime finish scratches easier than the HE finish..
Yes I gathered that much. A few days ago on one of the threads a pamphlet that came with a Mark 23 was scanned.. .sort of a disclaimer on how chipping on the extra coat of gloss is expected to chip/scratch with wear and refinishing is not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice video! I have been debating between getting the Mark 23 or the USPT .45, and this video offers a great side-by-side comparison.

I've also considered the USPCT. Do you happen to have one of those for a further comparison video?:wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Saw the video. Thanks for sharing. Always wanted to know the difference between the two. I want both more than ever now! Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice video! I have been debating between getting the Mark 23 or the USPT .45, and this video offers a great side-by-side comparison.

I've also considered the USPCT. Do you happen to have one of those for a further comparison video?:wink:
Sorry, but I dont own a usp ct. I have heard great things about it though.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Thanks! Each target was ten rounds IIRC at 20 - 25 ft. moderately hasty rate of fire. I posted those pics in case Lane had a specific comparison question or wanted pics of particular parts comparisons. The USPct is a clone, but other than the 'CT' designation on the slide, it is identical to the factory build. I'd be happy to comparatively illustrate...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts