HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the Mk23 is really worth that much over the USP tactical in quality and shooting or is the price just that much for the mk23 just for collection? How is recoil between the two and the trigger pull? Is it just better to opt for the tactical if I am to use it as a tool as oppose to making it a safe queen?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I have both (again) I like the MK23 alot but to truthfully answer your question I would have to say no. For what your are wanting it for I would just stay with the Tactical. Plus alot of people like the tac. that don't like the Mk23. They say it is just too big.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I own a Tactical and I've shot the MK23 before. That said, I think the MK23 is a great gun. Shoots awesome and not unwieldy at all, and this is coming from a guy with small hands. I love my Tactical and I think for the price, you can't beat it as a tool for use when compared to the MK23.

If you are looking for collectibility and use, plus you have the extra cash, then get the MK23. If you want an excellent shooting pistol with all the bells and whistles at a lower cost than the Mk23, then get the Tactical. I cannot rave enough about Tactical! :D

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
the Tactical IMOP beats the Mk23 in everything but the "wow, you got one of those"

Tac,
better trigger
just or more accurate
smaller
cheaper
and still damn cool

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I would LOVE to have a Mark 23!

However, as far as "bang-for-the-buck" is concerned, the USP Tactical 45 outdoes the Mark all day long.

The Mark 23 is the Humvee and the USP Tactical 45 is the Hummer. . . very similar in looks and style. One is EXTEMELY overbuilt to the max, and the other is overbuilt but still cushy and more practical in everyday civie life. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you can only have 1, I'd go with the Mark23. I've had both, in fact, I liked Tactical so much that I had two of them at one time, all the while I had a Mark23. But in the end, I sold the Tacticals and chose to stick with Mark23. Why? Because Mark23 is shootable and collectible at same time. On the other hand, once the HK45 Tactical is widespread, the USP Tactical will not be the cool kid on the block while Mark23 will still be in a class of its down. This is because as good and nice the USP Tactical is, it is a top commercial pick until the latest and greatest comes out to unseat it, such as the HK45 Tactical, or even further iterations of the HK45. The Mark23 is like nothing else. If you can afford BOTH Mark23 and USP Tactical, then keep both, but if you have to take one, you know my answer. Is the Mark23 practical? Not really, but neither really is USP Tactical. Do you really need an oversized handgun with 12rd of 45acp? THe Tactical is only smaller by a small margin, but it seriously diminishes it's appeal at the same time. It's not practical, but like Desert Eagle, if you want one, you better get it because there's nothin' else like it.

I can't believe this thread is still there, check out my original comparison when I had both Tactical and Mark23. You'll see why I stuck with the Mark 23
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37855

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mk23. It is one of the coolest guns made. you can always get a tactical later, and they might go down in price when the Hk45's arrive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You either want a mk23 or not. I don't think you can compair the 2. Will you carry either one, doubt it so to me they are the same in that class. The tac is just a usp really but the mk23 has it's own history. That is why I got one. I will prob get a tac also, I started out with a uspc and it has grown from that. Dam HK cool aid :)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Just for simple comparison of size the Mark 23 is approxmetly the same size as a S&W model 26 44 mag, with the 6" barrell. TJ

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is it worth the difference in price...of course not! Would I buy it again over the tactical HELL YES lol it's a MARK23

If you can afford either the MARK23 is the one...if you can't afford it, wait till ya can so you can say I have a MARK23 ;-)

I don't think just plain shooting results will affect your choice if you fire both. Alot of people are used to the tactical size a bit better, but once you read about the gun, history, etc, etc and then look back and say holy crap...3,582 rounds with out a freaking miss feed?? Glad I got the "23" over the tactical

Thats my useless opion...good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts