HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. A couple weeks ago, my Titusville adjustable target sights, and my MFI fake suppressor thanks to Dave (dtibbals, with the group buy)!

I got some pics of them, so here they are :D

BTW, i havn't been online. My computer was damaged (and by damaged i mean faulty components...) and i had to send the mainboard back to the manufactorer for repairs...

Hope you like them!

Damn thing really is HUGE witht the can on. The grip tape that i recently put on, is DEFINATLY the best grip enhancement, and the cheapest too.

Just ordinary skateboard deck tape, like 10 bucks for a huge roll. I personally ordered the 2"x12" medium texture from Brownells, but its really the same stuff.

·
Registered
243 Posts
you sir, are a lucky bastard :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Nice pics! I love the beast that is the Mark 23 :D.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :D

AGG, i'll see if i can get some pics tomorrow, and post them up. I'll get some good glory shots of it! (its a very good deal, especially if you cant own a real can. Its nice that you can shoot with it ON too!)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some pics of the Can for AGG

Got some pics of the fake can, some details of the rear area, as well as the text and a through pic as well.

Definatly a good "revision" of the SOCOM can, although its not the same (as the rear space in the SOCOM can is longer, and doesn't have the dimples - for copyright reasons i assume) i think i actually like it better :D

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Does the pistol cycle with the fake can on it? If not, even though you can shoot through it, do not shoot it with the fake can on. The prototypes of the Mark 23 had a slide locking feature which kept the slide locked during suppressor firing for more silent operation. This locked condition resulted in frame damage even on the robust Mark 23 so the slide lock feature was dropped. Using a muzzle attachment that has so much weight that the action does not unlock during firing results in much the same situation and frame damage can result, which of course will not be covered by HK's warranty.
Please be careful when shooting fake cans on guns that are supposed to cycle but do not when the muzzle device is on.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Bore, the can is designed to be fired on.

Like the CCF Impulse, its light enough (at 5.5 ounces i believe) to be safely cycled without the booster, though MFI does have a "list" of recommended ammo that they have tested. Lighter loads may not cycle it reliably.

If i remember correctly, the maximum weight that the USP/mark23 design can reliably cycle without aid (IE, booster) is something like 7 ounces.

I will definatly be doing some testing to make sure it fires okay when its on. The biggest reason i got the can was for photo shoots (and the cool factor :p) so if i can shoot with it on, its just a bonus.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooh, i suppose since i got a free bump, i'll give a range report on the Can and the Sights... I posted it on Mark23.com, but since that place has been overrun with spam, i think it'll be more justified here.

Yesterday i got to try out my friends new Sig 550 rifle (oh my god it was incredible!!!), and once again, his .45-70 Govt.

So after trying to hit the paper with the Rear adjustable target sight, and the front STOCK sight, i found that theres no way you can use it that way... The front sight is just too short, so you must use the Target front sight to get the right height.

On a good note, the target front sight worked with the scope mount, my holster, and worked perfectly with the MFI Fake can!

I also tried the MFI fake suppressor. Unfortunatly i only got 10 rounds through it. It cycled fine for all 10 rounds, except that it did NOT lock the slide back on the last round. I assume this is just due to the extra mass vs. slide momentum. I was using Sellier and Bellot 230 grain FMJ round nose.

I was only able to get 10 rounds through, because my shooting buddy (after taking the fake can off to re-aquant himself with the feel of the gun) went to put it back on. He tightened it so much, that the set screw that holds the outside shroud in place started skipping.

Since (of course ) i didn't think to bring my allen key screwdrivers with me, i wasn't able to tighten the set screw back up. I had to use my multi-tool pliers to un tighten the fake can, and remove it.

So, in short, if you want the Titusville Adjustable target sights, you HAVE to use the target front and rear sights.

For the MFI can, it changed the pitch a lot (higher pitched, but still as loud, if not louder), and cut the muzzle rise sevearly, so I will experiment with my home reloads, and see how well it functions. All in all, the can makes it very fun to shoot! (i can only imagine how much fun a REAL one would be!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts