HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing all the guys modifying the Jet Funnels to fit the Compacts, and .45's, i decided that it was my turn, to make one fit my Mark23, somehting i've wanted to do for a long time. Mine doesn't look quite as "Glorious" as the other JF modified jobs, but it works FLAWLESSLY! :D

I have always heard people say that the Lanyard loop insert had to have a "spacer" for the modified .45's, but when i took out the stock LL, it was IDENTICLE to the jet funnel LL!

I decided, rather than heavily modifying the Jet funnel, that i would modify the fram slightly for it to work. Before i get all the "Ohh teh noes your warrent!!!11!eleven!!", my warrenty was technically gone a year and a half ago when i starting shooting my reloads ;). There wasn't really a lot to modify, i had to cut about 3mm off the bottom of the frame where the lanyard loop block goes, as well as cut off the 'step' in the front.

I actually had to shorten the Lanyard loop block a little, to get it to sit flush, as well as the "side" rails on the JF block.

The actual funnel part required very little modifying to fit! I had to open it up a little in the front, but the sides were the same size as the Mark23's magazine! I had to elongate the small diameter section of the screw hole, to the back, so that it would move forewards (since i cut down the jet funnel lanyard loop)

Well, pics for your enjoyment!

Now for the funny part :p

I had to make a "functional" magazine so i could test it out, and fit the jet funnel to the magazine well (mainly to open up the front)

So, without any readily accessable means, i just cut the floorplate on one magazine to the same outer dimentions as the body, and then added my "extension" so i can lock it in place.

To be honest, the damn thing works incredibly well, for being some scotch tape and half a white eraser! :p

I will hopefully get some Bondo, and make a "positve" so i can get some cast metal or plastic extended baseplates for it.

Moral of the story:

This is NOT your average "bubba'ed" modify job. You really need some experiance with files, and metal working. If you want it to look NICE, you really need some good tools... I used a hacksaw, and some files, but i left plenty of extra material so could file it to work nice.

:D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

This needs a bump tho :p

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Well, i finally have the POSITIVE for the mould im gonna use for making the baseplates for the Jet funnel.

Got some sort of "short fibre re-enforced" Bondo, damn stuff worked like a charm! :D

Its not quite finished, Im going to get some sort of filler/topcoat so i can fill in the little filing gouges and air pockets, and to give it a better surface for molding.

SO here it is, the major construction is complete on the Bseplate! :D

Magazine:

Closeup of the bottom. As you can see, i drilled a hole through the middle, so you can poke the follower base-pad out.

Not super tight. When i put the final "overcoat" on the top, i'll have lots of room to fill it in, and make it nice and tight fitting! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does the base have to be so thick? It looks like it could be trimmed down flush with the bottom of the JF, to be less obtrusive??
But good work, I've got a JF for my Compact, I'd love to add one on my Tact. 45.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What benefit does this have? Extra rounds in the mag?
Probably just faster reloads. Those look like extended ten round magazines to me. There is no HK mag that is over 12 round capacity. Man that Mark 23 looks like it has been to hell and back!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We cant have so-called "high capacity" mags in Canada, so its just to have the flared magazine well for faster reloads :)

It could be shorter, but with it exteneded out like that, it gives a very positive "insertion" feeling.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You must have done some digging orig! That thing looks sick but it is for sure "bubba'ed" (op's words) I have never seen someone bondo an eraser before let alone a mag. Now if it was a one off 14-15 round mag that would be sick!!!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I'm quite impressed. Nice work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts