Registered
539 Posts
That was the best deal I have seen on one

·
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I won that auction, its definitiely a legit MR556 upper. Kneesek Guns sold it and they have a stellar reputation.

Its the best deal that I have seen on one even without the buffer and spring its a great deal.

I have one of the 80% receivers that I initially had intended to put a 416 upper on, but the scost of the MR556 upper was too tempting.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Any update on what prices should be for a New-in-box (NIB) MR556A1 upper only should be (without buffer tube or spring)?

Looking to sell 2 uppers that was recently bought NIB; bought for the lowers to mate to HK416 uppers purchased. Serial numbers are 241-2800+ and 241-2300+

Am thinking $2K because of the following reasons:

A. NIB on HKparts.net is ~$2K, but NIL stock available currently
HK 416 Upper
HK 416 Upper 16.5 inch Barrel - HKPARTS.NET

B. NIB on gunbroker going for ~$2K
hk 235975a5 mr556 comp upper new arvada co : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com

C. Used with 200 rounds is listed for $1,900
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts-accessories-sale/163864-wts-hk-mr556-upper.html

FYI, I searched on HKPro, and these were the 2 other threads I found.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/137536-mr556-upper-only-sale-thoughts.html
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/150178-whats-used-mr556-upper-worth.html

$2K, but might have to wait a while?
$1.9K, and hopefully it will move faster?

No rush to sell, but any and all advice would be appreciated!! Maybe I can wait till closer to the Nov election, and the price will jump to $5K. HA! :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Drooler,
I would think in the $1,700 range myself. HK Webshop has them in stock for $1,900 but who knows if they are moving. If you list them at $1,800 then you would have a leg up on HK. I just picked up this one for $1,900 and it included the 9" rail ($450 value) and the Knights front and rear sights ($350 value) along with some magpul items I would place about $75 on. The buyer said he shot it 20 or 40 rounds but the upper was actually cleaner use wise as well as appearance wise than my NIB MR556 complete rifle was for $2,450 when they were available.

TC

HK MR556 Piston Upper Receiver w/Extra rai16" 5.56 : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but has anyone seen the going rate of just the lower? I can't find them, anywhere. I think I might have to buy the whole gun and sell the upper.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought the whole rifle and sold just the lower for one of my uppers. The only way to get the lower is buy a complete rifle so you or your vendor would have to split them up. I like buying the whole rifle, parting it out for what I want to keep as spares and breaking even, making money or having a small amount of money into the parts I am keeping. Loose lowers are pretty rare to find especially since the complete rifles availability has tapered off.

TC

·
Registered
500 Posts
I bought the whole rifle and sold just the lower for one of my uppers. The only way to get the lower is buy a complete rifle so you or your vendor would have to split them up. I like buying the whole rifle, parting it out for what I want to keep as spares and breaking even, making money or having a small amount of money into the parts I am keeping. Loose lowers are pretty rare to find especially since the complete rifles availability has tapered off.

TC
Yeah, seems like I will be forced to do that. I'd much rather buy the lower and not deal with the rest but oh well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Saboteur7271, ThompsonCrazy & staywell,
Tks fo the candid thoughts. May try offering it on gunbroker and other sites at $2K an throw in the original HK BUIS.

If I does not move, I can drop the price.

a_minimalist,
I tried to go yr route. Was hard to find the lowers alone, which is why I went the other route (purchase whole and sell the upper).

Regards.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Last year, I bought a complete MR556 lower receiver less buffer and spring from Adam Webber of hkparts.net for $1,095. They appear tough to find these days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts