HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to get a solid idea of the market value of an HK SP89 with three lugged HK marked barrel, paddle mag release. Excellent+ condition, been a safe queen for 20 years. Looking at what unmodified 89's are selling for then adding the cost for parts and labor to perform the mods today it looks to be in the ballpark of 6K. Is that on target?

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,319 Posts
Hard to say, but if it has a HK factory Navy barrel, that will make it worth much more than a standard SP89, as the Navy barrels are very rare. Without photos and description on who did the upgrades, I'd say at least $5500.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The last one I have seen for sale went for around 5300 or 5400 with some extra mags if I remember correctly. The navy barrels are definetly rare. And yes the value would depend on who did the work, trigger group, etc...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Condition is a high excellent. I put 5-7 rounds through it almost 20 years ago when I picked it up from an HK dealer then put it in the safe and forgot about it until last week. No handling or storage marks, no scratches, dents, dings. Semi-auto trigger pack is HK. Someone long ago suggested HK put it together, IDK. There are no other marks on the receiver other than what HK put there. Removed the plastic pistol grip to look underneath and on the tang; nothing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I worked at HK 25 years ago, both in Customer Service and Commercial Sales. I assure you, your SP89 did not leave HK in the configuration you now see it in. The mods you describe would not have required a makers mark for them to be legally added.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for info. Just added that as others asked me to look for marks under the tang. The MP5K-N barrel does have the usual HK marks near the base, and the HK dealer I got it from always had rare HK stuff, supplied LE depts. HK mags go in and out as easily as on a stock 94. It's now in the WTS section.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I would say $5500.00 I never heard of any smiths having German PDW barrels 20 years ago. Murry Urbach build awesome PDW barrels and I know RDTS used them in conversions (he used one in mine). The early ones though he didn't stamp his name in them, but he didn't stamp HK on the barrel either, I think Terry Dyer used those barrels also.

What is the thread pitch on it? PDW's are 1/2 x 32 Murry made them in 1/2 x 28 or 1/2 x 32.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thread pitch is 1/2 x 32. The barrel is authentic HK German, no question about that, no names, just the stamped letter groups on one side near the base and the HK crown mark on the opposite side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts