HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious - what did HK say was the reason you should buy a VP-9, despite other HK models you may already own?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
1). Lots of people really like the striker fired platform and enjoy the consistent trigger pull. They are kinda “keeping up with the Jones”

2). It’s now optics ready and improved 17rd capacity.

3). It’s what all the cool kids own now (striker) 😎

·
Registered
920 Posts
Personally, I love the VP9 marketing strategy. Its an entry level priced platform to get you into the HK brand. Sub $700 (Pre-Kung Flu) and a direct competitor to the Block, yes Block.
However, as true HK aficionado I look down on the VP series plebeians as we all know the USP platform will always reign supreme.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Curious - what did HK say was the reason you should buy a VP-9, despite other HK models you may already own?
a lot of it came down to the trigger. Even now the VP9 still has a good trigger in comparison to the competition, only a few are better after all this time.

There is also the striker aspect, which will likely never go away. People think hammers are more difficult than they are.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For me I had owned other handguns before but always felt like the HK quality was out of reach until the VP9 came around. It was a very savvy move by HK as since I got my VP9 I have bought a USC, SL8, SP5 etc. Now they got me. Sorta like the way Porsche came out with the cayman for all those people who want a 911 but cant afford it, once you've had a taste you some how find the funds to upgrade to what you really want.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have two VP9SK's and they are FAR MORE ergonomic than their major competitor. Added two HK45's since I am fond of .45ACP, but the VP9SK's are far easier for CCW during desert climate conditions. Had a VP9 for a brief time, but the SK's model was better fit for the wife so the VP9 was sold (I kept the two free magazines from the HK rebate and got the sleeves to fit the VP9SK's).

·
Registered
585 Posts
1). Lots of people really like the striker fired platform and enjoy the consistent trigger pull. They are kinda “keeping up with the Jones”

2). It’s now optics ready and improved 17rd capacity.

3). It’s what all the cool kids own now (striker) 😎
Can the old VP-9s with the paddle mag release, use the new 17 round magazines or that is just for the bottom release mags only ? thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts