HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I can't find the link that had a description of all the marking and codes that was on the home page, I figured I would ask here. I saw a few pics on a 93 and the prefix for the SN was a 42. What was odd about it is the 2 was imprinted heavier then the 4 and the serial number and it seemed to have a slight difference in the script. Anyone very seen that before?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The HK93 with the sn prefix of 42 have a higher odds of having the 1 in 7 twist barrel, however, best to check markings under the barrel and/or the twist rate with a rod ... all harder to do from you side of the world. Take Care and Thanks!

Regards
John

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Since I can't find the link that had a description of all the marking and codes that was on the home page, I figured I would ask here. I saw a few pics on a 93 and the prefix for the SN was a 42. What was odd about it is the 2 was imprinted heavier then the 4 and the serial number and it seemed to have a slight difference in the script. Anyone very seen that before?
I own four of them. These were made in the 1988/89 timeframe. Not unusual what you describe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What other twist is possible?

The HK93 with the sn prefix of 42 have a higher odds of having the 1 in 7 twist barrel, however, best to check markings under the barrel and/or the twist rate with a rod ... all harder to do from you side of the world. Take Care and Thanks!

Regards
John

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SuDs,
that's it? no story. Thanks for the info, at least now I know it is something original to the rifle. I am curious though as to how the stamp depth difference came to be that way

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
SuDs,
that's it? no story. Thanks for the info, at least now I know it is something original to the rifle. I am curious though as to how the stamp depth difference came to be that way
I don't know if there's a story. I don't think HK is all that particular when it comes to the stamping on those guns. They are essentially derived from guns intended for military and LE use. Here's a stamping from factory machine gun, see how uneven the letters and numbers are?

Who knows, on the 93s, maybe they stamp the "42" at one point, then come back later, maybe a different person, stamps the rest of the numbers? Got me how they do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts