HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just joined, and I have been an owner and lover of everything Cetme and HK for a long time. I just have a question regarding full auto Mars CETME conversions. I saw one at a gun show not too long ago, and it was in great shape and had price tag of 15K. The gentlemen at the table told me it was Specialty Gun Works conversion. Would a full auto conversion on a MARS CETME command such a price, and what is the history behind Specialty Gun Works????? I apologize in advance if this isn't the right section for this question????

Thanks

Oz

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the post 86 artificially inflated market dude.....Uncle Sam in his infinite stupidity deemed that "shall not be infringed" meant was actually short for "shall not be infringed unless the arms that the people bear are scary"

Essentially in 1986 the government banned the production of automatic weaponry for public consumption and grandfathered in all the ones that were manufactured and registered prior to the law. This set up a ridiculous limited supply (and a ton of destroyed guns) which can never meet the demand of a growing gunsport culture (Love em or hate em shows like Sons of Guns and American Guns are proof that we're becoming more interested in firearms as a culture lately). Short answer is absolutely, and in fact $15K for a machinegun isn't really that bad a price. You can still get a subgun like an uzi or Mac9 for less than that but even those fantastic deals seem to be drying up over the past several years.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Whats funny is, it doesn't appear to have had any work done to the receiver....Was Specialty Gun Works the same outfit as Specialty Arms? I have a Portuguese AR-10 on a milled Specialty lower, and the work is top notch......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts