HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen the panel/decals advertised in rubber and sand......anybody have a preference, and why?? I'm building my 9mm Match-clone, and want a set. I also want a set of trick sights....preferences, and why?? I'm installing a jet-funnel, and am wondering if I should coat the slide, and all the metal bits and pieces of the gun in stainless Cera-coat............What ya think??:20000000:

Anybody here able to photoshop some color schemes for me?......please.:D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have some Brownells grip tape (medium) on my mark23... its fairly easy to cut them out and stick them on, but they provide rock solid grip.

If your going for adjustable sights, i think MMC and LPA make the best target sights, for stock sights, Heini slant-pro's and Novaks (i think) seem to be pretty good.

As far as coating the slide, thats really up to you, if you want a two-tone effect or not. If you want something a little different, Robar's NP3 coating is a flat grey colour, and its very durable, as well as hard chroming (if you want the bright-white colour effect)

Not sure about cerama-coat, but IMHO there are better ways to have the parts made a "stainless" colour, Nickle and chrome being the best picks (for durability) although more expencive.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I always get the DecalGrip in 'rubber' texture, I really like the feel of these grips.

To mimic stainless, hard chrome seems like a better match. I always do the barrel & slide stop too.

*Click thumb-nail for biggie - .45 is stainless/.40 is hard chrome with DecalGrip/night sights*

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Kost...nice lookin' custom. Those serrations are nice. I'm also gonna have to look at all the aftermarket sights, closely. I like the TPO type sights, but didn't like the review of the guy who had to install them. I have all factory/German parts for the conversion, so I don't know if I should deviate from the factory look too much.:20000000:

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Kost, I really like the way you think. Those USP's look great! How much to have the front serrations done?
Thank you Ninja and Missile! Virgil Tripped cut them for $90 before he put the Cobra Chrome on.

The stainless .45 is factory stock - with 20 rounds on it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts