HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USPc .40, variant 1. It is my CCW gun and I am using it for matches at my club.
Should I go with the match trigger, or the Combat Competition Trigger?
Will I be able to keep my safety lever?
I will be sending it to HK.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
The match trigger and cc is for the full size USP. It can be done, but the trigger for the match won't fit a compact without modification. You can still do a basic LEM which is what I prefer, but it is a personal preference. A safety can be retained with the LEM/CC.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Somebody has got to have an opinion!
People do have opinions, but just because I prefer one trigger over the other, doesn't mean you will. It depends on what you want the gun to be capable of doing. Do you currently decock, firing first shot from DA, or do you carry "condition 1" cocked and safety on?

The match trigger will have the same features that you currently have in the V1, just smoother and with less slack. The CC is a different package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I carry the gun decocked. I've read that HK-USA will fit the combat competition trigger into a compact, including the match trigger.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
HK USA does not, but it is possible.
Exactly. It can be cobbled together and while close doesn't quite duplicate the same systems when they are installed on a full size USP.

I carry the gun decocked. I've read that HK-USA will fit the combat competition trigger into a compact, including the match trigger.
Where?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I also thought they couldn't do this configuration on a compact? I've got both trigger setups on full size HKs and they're both awesome. As was stated, depending on YOUR shooting preferences will determine which setup will work better for you. (But you can't go wrong with either one!!)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Others have posted here that HKUSA will put match trigger parts in usp compacts. I believe they will change and fit the springs. I don't think they will modify the the trigger to make it fit in the compacts.

So you can have either set up in compacts( I am assuming you can put a match hammer in the compact, could be wrong ) but you won't be able to put the trigger and trigger stop that comes with the kit in with out modification.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Others have posted here that HKUSA will put match trigger parts in usp compacts. I believe they will change and fit the springs. I don't think they will modify the the trigger to make it fit in the compacts.

So you can have either set up in compacts( I am assuming you can put a match hammer in the compact, could be wrong ) but you won't be able to put the trigger and trigger stop that comes with the kit in with out modification.
Correct. You can install the Match trigger parts in a Compact, but not the trigger and trigger stop. Some did try to drill a hole in the compact trigger to install the trigger stop; seemed to work. Some took a Dremel to the Match trigger to fit the compact trigger guard and seemed to work as well. I wouldn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts