HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys prefer...the match trigger return spring, or the light LEM trigger return spring. I've experimented with both springs on my USPs, and found that on some occasions, the match TRS doesn't have enough force to reset the trigger. I've experienced this during live fire and also while dry firing. Anyone experience the same or similar situation? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
131 Posts
The only problem I have with the Match TRS is sometimes it doesn't fully reset if I let it out really, really slow. I have no personal experience experience with the light LEM TRS at this time.

One of the other members did a torture test with the light LEM on a P2000SK and had problems with the trigger not returning fully when dirt and mud was in the gun. I would venture to guess that it's probably the same pound rating as the Match's or very close if not the same. Video is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVM_H6OQrP8

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm actually in the process of changing my HK45c from light LEM to TGS variant due to that same issue(and other personal preferences). I noticed that if there was any residue in the fire control components then letting the trigger out slowly the light spring doesnt reset. Its not often but I havent done a 2k round test with my HK45c using light LEM which I will assume that problem may become more prevalent.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
The Match TRS is the lightest spring. However, I have not experienced a single issue with my USP9 with Match Trigger or USP40 Combat Competition.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I recently changed my V1 USP to the LEM/Match hybrid. On the recommendation of Travis at HK, I used the light TRS part# 209266 on the conversion. IDK if this the the light LEM spring, it's supposedly the P2000 TRS. I was told he recommended this spring as he felt it had a better reset than the match TRS in this particular setup.

I have not tried the the match trs, but now that it's back in stock, I am tempted to get one and see which one I prefer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have not had this problem with my match trigger, but other less experienced pistol users have. If it's your habit to fire, and let your finger relax you won't have a problem. If it's your habit to fire and still clench the trigger relying on the spring to push it back you will have a problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only problem I have with the Match TRS is sometimes it doesn't fully reset if I let it out really, really slow...
This is exactly what I am experiencing. Maybe I'm trying or testing the match TRS's limitations a bit much, but this is the the exact condition in which the trigger will not reset.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not had this problem with my match trigger, but other less experienced pistol users have. If it's your habit to fire, and let your finger relax you won't have a problem. If it's your habit to fire and still clench the trigger relying on the spring to push it back you will have a problem.
Although I'm not 100% certain if I'm tightening up on the trigger while it is reseting, I will put emphasis on what you have stated...thanks, Cobra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts