HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question. Is there a paint thinner that will remove the painted “Match” from the USP Match weight without removing the textured finish? Or is there a coating company that can replicate the textured finish? I had the weight engraved and they put it in the wrong spot so the “Match” is really throwing it off and it would be much easier to simply remove the white paint than fix the engraving. I’ve tried CLP with no luck and a few other cleaners I use at work (that ordinarily should not be used on plastics or painted surfaces) all of which did not work.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Is it an original match weight that you had something engraved on in addition to the "Match" that was already there or is this a clone weight you had made and engraved with "Match"?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I have is a HK Match weight, but it’s the newer version that has “Match” painted on the side instead of the older version that had it engraved and painted. What was supposed to happen was that a name was to be engraved over the area where “Match” was painted. Instead, they put it under. To save this, I want to remove the painted “Match”.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, I'd be asking for my money back. I figure anything that will remove the "Match" will also remove the paint under/around it. Honestly, I'd have it stripped and re-coated with NP3+ or something.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Or you could call it a wash and sell me your match weight ; )

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I’ll keep it, I just need to find a way to remove the painted “match” or as a last option have the sides painted over. I’m getting my money back for sure, but that doesn’t resolve its current condition.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Try fingernail polish remover. First apply it with cotton swab on an inconspicuous area to see what it will do to the finish. If nothing then the acetone in the polish remover will defeat the paint. Regular paint thinner (mineral spirits) only works on wet or very fresh paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts