HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I am out also over 2,000 dollars as well. I will be contacting them to file charges as well. I don't mind flying to Maine to prosecute this scumbag.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks Volcomm for taking the initiative. I'm out the cost of an SFP-9 but he did make good on the P8 I bought. Does anyone know if the LT is aggregating the complaints into a single felony charge or is he looking to press individual charges?

Mark

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'd always hoped he would not escape the consequences of his misdeeds......What I like most about this is, the moment he's got even one felony conviction all those expensive NFA items he owns (of which he could have sold just a few and made everyone whole long before now) get confiscated and he never owns a gun, ever again.

I don't know if it's possible to "head him off at the pass" as far as transferring them all to his wife or some other douche baggery.......

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Remember we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I am sure Lt Libbie will work with as many members as possible I see that someone is going to be out of the country until September so if someone who already is filing of the alleged then mention that other party who is ouit of the uSA until September. He may still be working on the case plus when will ATF become involved?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
ATF would not get involved until he was proven guilty. Until then they consider it a civil matter. I have already been down that road with them 3 years ago.

·
Priest of the P7
4,804 Posts
Wow, I can't believe this guy screwed over so many people and didn't think/care that there would be repercussions. Seems incredibly dense.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Wow, I can't believe this guy screwed over so many people and didn't think/care that there would be repercussions. Seems incredibly dense.
No just incredibly arrogant. He thinks he is above the law. Because he is in Maine and all these transactions were through the mail, he figured no one would take him to small claims court. I tried to organize the members years ago but no one wanted to at the time because they all still thought they had a chance to get their guns. I was never able to get a total but it is well above 30K. There are pre group buy members that also got screwed. That is the spot I am in.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
May be that he was comfortable in the belief no one would file the complaint since they are out of state and that was further bolstered by possibly thinking no one would travel for the court proceedings if said complaint materialized into formal criminal charges / indictment. Who knows what the logic is he has....I do agree he is innocent until proven guilty. But I am also enough of a realist to see the mounting evidence that will be heard while proving his guilt. Sad all around....I heard it once said that "if the victim is unhappy and the defendant is not happy at the end of a trial then it sounds like justice was served". Victims will never get whole satisfaction because they were wronged in their minds and defendants will be equally disappointed because they were wronged in their minds. However we do have the greatest judicial system by comparison and I do believe in it and our great freedoms. Dog gone shame all around!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's always good to see scammers get some justice. I hope you are all made whole. I have seen so many of these people get away with it...especially group buy scams....on so many gun forum communities. Many times it's someone that got in over their head then found they liked the extra funds in their pocket. Sounds like this guy doesn't fit that scenario though, being a FFL and former cop. Good Luck, Everyone!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Remember we are all innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I am sure Lt Libbie will work with as many members as possible I see that someone is going to be out of the country until September so if someone who already is filing of the alleged then mention that other party who is ouit of the uSA until September. He may still be working on the case plus when will ATF become involved?
He is guilty as hell, i proved it and every one else will follow suit.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Why did it take so long to file charges?
Until last year i was still giving him a chance to be a stand up guy like guys on here said. I had to file charges locally then find the right jurisdiction to handle it in maine. How many guys were told that his accountant was issuing the refund . All bull****

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No just incredibly arrogant. He thinks he is above the law. Because he is in Maine and all these transactions were through the mail, he figured no one would take him to small claims court. I tried to organize the members years ago but no one wanted to at the time because they all still thought they had a chance to get their guns. I was never able to get a total but it is well above 30K. There are pre group buy members that also got screwed. That is the spot I am in.
Sorry I didn’t believe you sooner, but i had guys tell me he would come through

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Until last year i was still giving him a chance to be a stand up guy like guys on here said. I had to file charges locally then find the right jurisdiction to handle it in maine. How many guys were told that his accountant was issuing the refund . All bull****
Accountant, that’s a new one. He is a one man show, works out of his basement. He told the ATF all I had to do was send him a letter for my refund. He refused to accept any certified mail to his PO box or his home. He did acknowledge my e mail. Basically telling me to pound sand.

21 - 40 of 249 Posts