HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
I have been wanting to put this video together for some time and recently finally figured out a practical way to mount my video system, etc. So, here is the video I recently made about the Heckler and Koch MK23, the .45ACP beast! To my knowledge this is the largest semi-auto pistols issued in the US Armed Forces.

(Monetized youtube channel video link removed. diesel1959)

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Not a criticism, but it's interesting to see how other folks handle their pistols on take down and reassembly. Nice vid.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Some day I'll have one.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thanks for putting it together and sharing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Cool video - its good to see different ways to remove the slide pin. I use the thumb in trigger guard method but ur way works too. What range were your targets at? 25 ft?

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice vid. I'd like to see more of your other HK gear.
Thanks for watching, this is my only HK, sorry to say. I figured I'd start at the top of their handgun line and work down from there.

: )

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool video - its good to see different ways to remove the slide pin. I use the thumb in trigger guard method but ur way works too. What range were your targets at? 25 ft?
Thanks for watching, can you tell me more about the "thumb in the trigger guard method"?

I think the target was out around 20-25 feet.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Nice Mark 23...

Not a criticism, but it's interesting to see how other folks handle their pistols on take down and reassembly. Nice vid.
Right.. all I need is my thumb to push that slide release out while I grip the rear off the slide into position, quick and easy. I think most people do it that way.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Here I made you a little video Thumb N Trigger Guard method - YouTube

Please don't ban me I used a Glock - when my HK45c comes in I will make a new video using that.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!! Come back 1 month... hehe

I grip the pistola as I would when firing then rotate my fingers up on top of the sldie using my thumb as a pivot. With my left hand I cycle the slide into position and then squeeze my right hand. This traps the slide and then I use my left hand to pull the slide catch take down out.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!! Come back 1 month... hehe

I grip the pistola as I would when firing then rotate my fingers up on top of the sldie using my thumb as a pivot. With my left hand I cycle the slide into position and then squeeze my right hand. This traps the slide and then I use my left hand to pull the slide catch take down out.
Thats excactly what I do but I use a finger to pop out the slide release so i's easier for me to pull it out.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here I made you a little video Thumb N Trigger Guard method - YouTube

Please don't ban me I used a Glock - when my HK45c comes in I will make a new video using that.
I'll give it a whirl and let you know how it goes...just tried it, not working for me, can't move the slide back using only a few fingers, the HK MK23 Beast is just too large, or my hand is too weak, or the recoil spring is too strong, or a combination of all three, I suspect.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Amsdorf,

Great video. I recently acquired a USP Elite and the similarities with the Mk 23 are clear. By the way, you are correct in that the U.S. Military has never issued a larger pistol that uses a metallic cartridge. However, the cap and ball revolvers of the Civil War era, such as Colt Dragoons and 1860 Army Colt's (possibly Walker Colt's, although I'm not sure these were ever officially issued to Army troops) were longer and heavier.

Anyway, great info. Thanks

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, of course you are right. Those also came in handy as war clubs!

: )

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sure seems like it is, thanks for watching.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts